Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ClareMarie85
Beginner March 2012

Newcastle Hen Weekend

ClareMarie85, 31 October, 2011 at 13:53 Posted on Planning 0 12

I have booked my hen weekend through a company online and have just been informed that my planned activity for the saturday night (party boat on the river tyne) is not available for the weekend i am booked for Smiley sad

I am now at a loss for activities for the saturday and was wondering if any fellow brides from the newcastle area know of anything similar to this for us to do? Our booking is for mid february

I've never been to Newcastle so i haven't a clue what we could do!

Ideas and suggestions are very welcome lol

Thanks

Clare x

12 replies

Latest activity by MrsLeighToBe, 2 November, 2011 at 21:32
  • CarlaNath2013
    Beginner May 2013
    CarlaNath2013 ·
    • Hide content

Hi hun Im from Newcatsle , The boat has not been there for years hun and your talking a good three years plus. Alot of the bars etc Newcastle used to be famous for are slowly being replaced by commercial chains that you get in every city.

However Newcastles Bars are great as they are all together , you have the Gate complex at the top end , which has the likes of lloyds bar, mood, etc lots of resturants and a pictures.

Further down you have the Bigg Market which has all your pop bars , then straight down you have they quay side which has a range of bars and night clubs . Ull be spoilt for choice for bars but depending what your in to its very hard to recommend places. Feb will be cold but saturdays are always busy so it wont be disappointing.

I can recommend AK Bar indian restaurant, which is beautiful & Stunning inside HTH

I also know that liquid nightclub used to run hen weekends , which had drag queens and strippers but im not sure if they still do you would have to contact them

• Sparkly Tyke
    Beginner March 2011
    Sparkly Tyke ·
    • Hide content

I'm from the north east, and used to work in Newcastle so my work hen do was in the city centre. We started off doing a cocktail masterclass in Revolution, which can be booked on their website and is great fun - I did one on my "proper" hen do in London as well, but both places ran it differently so both were fab in their own way.

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I would second the cocktail making, we did it for my hen earlier this year in Edinburgh and it was brilliant. I would recommend the quay side you dont get any of your chain bars really, there are loads of bars and traditinal pubs to choose from all within a stones throw from each other. You wont be dissapointed Newcaste is still by far the best city for a night out.

• far2calm
    Beginner May 2012
    far2calm ·
    • Hide content

Also North East... There is a place that does a booth were you record you own cd, drink fuelled of course, which is supposed to be a good laugh, but cant think of the name of it!.

Also if you are looking to drink during the day I would say Jesmond, or even start there on the evening and then get taxis into Newcastle. Little bit more up market and even in Feb you can sit outside as there are all heated.

• ClareMarie85
    Beginner March 2012
    ClareMarie85 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas ladies ?

The booth thing and the cocktail classes both sound like they could be a really good laugh!

We're staying at the premier inn quayside so i think we're in an ideal place for all the good bars!

CarlaNath2013 i love indian food so i think i may give the AK Bar indian restaurant a try, is it near the quayside?

What other restaurants would you all recommend?

I'm so excited now, i can't wait! ?

• ClareMarie85
    Beginner March 2012
    ClareMarie85 ·
    • Hide content

?

• NorthumberlandBride
    NorthumberlandBride ·
    • Hide content

I really love boulevard

https://www.boulevardnewcastle.co.uk/

the shows are amazing! and a lot of fun!

as for daytime, have a look at beauty days

https://www.city-retreat.com/

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

I went to newcastle in march for my friends hen night. We stayed at the village which was quite far out but lovely, there was a spa there too. In the evening we went to the adonis cabaret in a club (sorry i cant remember the name) it was fab for a hen party. One thing that did disappointthough was that everywhere seemed to close at 2am. Bit surprised coming from manchester where some places are going strong at 5am! X

• J
    Beginner April 2012
    Jules'n'Mark ·
    • Hide content

ClareMarie who did you book with? Im looking at going to Newcastle for mine in March! x

• ClareMarie85
    Beginner March 2012
    ClareMarie85 ·
    • Hide content

Cheers guys i will look into your suggestions ?

Jules'n'Mark i've booked through chillisauce.com, my OH has also booked his stag through them and he's going to Cardiff the same weekend as mine

Clare x

• ClareMarie85
    Beginner March 2012
    ClareMarie85 ·
    • Hide content

?

• M
    Beginner March 2012
    MrsLeighToBe ·
    • Hide content

Ah, that's where the Adonis show was at!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics