Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2015

Newland Hall

EssexBride89, 6 of August of 2014 at 17:11 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi all

I'm newly engaged (June 2014) and this is my first post!

We have just booked Newland Hall for our wedding reception for September 2015.

The reviews on here are very dated so was just wondering if there are any other Newland Hall brides/grooms on here who could tell me about their experience so far? Or anyone had or been to a wedding there recently?

We liked what we saw but I guess my main concern is the food as we have been told they do not offer a tasting evening. Any feedback on that? Also has any one had canapes at the welcome drinks at Newland Hall? They are not part of the package we have booked but I am thinking I would like to add them on if they do them/will allow us too.

5 replies

Latest activity by Sam&Louise, 9 of August of 2014 at 09:59
  • L
    Beginner September 2015
    Linda mews ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

We are also having our Wedding Ceremony @ Reception at Newland Hall in September 2015. I have the same problem as you in that there are no reviews ANYWHERE of this venue which is a shame as it is perfect. We are both foodies and is a big concern for us. As we are going to have to pay a further installments soon we are getting worried. I did the same as you but I never had any replies on Hitched. So if you hear anything please let me know & I will do the same. congratulations to you both too.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Search?q=newland+hall&geo=&pid=3825&returnTo=http%253A__2F____2F__www__2E__tripadvisor__2E__co__2E__uk__2F__

There's a few reviews of other hotels on TripAdvisor where the reviewers mention that they attended or had their own wedding at Newland Hall. Maybe worth getting in touch with them and asking if they could give you some info about how the weddings went and what the food was like?

• Lizzywills
    Beginner August 2014
    Lizzywills ·
    • Hide content

Hi

we went to look at Newland and really liked it but settled for another venue. One thing I would say is that the venue we chose also does not do a tasting and if I could go back to the beginning, when I had only paid a deposit (how much have you paid?) I would be telling them I would be going elsewhere unless they were prepared to do a food tasting.

im actually quite cross with myself that I have handed over an awful lot of money and have no idea what the food tastes like. I have noticed from other brides that are getting/got married at my venue is that the venue are much more accommodating when you haven't paid much, or are debating choosing them.

i honestly can't see why venues don't do tastings, have they got something to hide? They should be willing to get the chef in to prepare a meal for all of the people who are booking their weddings there.

id call their bluff and see what you can get them to offer.

good luck with it.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I love Newland Hall! We've worked there quite a few times (most recently July this year) and it's a brilliant venue- definitely up there as one of our favourites in the Essex area. The left hand picture in my sig is from Newland actually!

They also do the best carrots I have ever tasted in my life (seriously) & the food is gorgeous. I've not tried the canapes myself, but they've always gone down well as far as I can tell. I'm surprised food tastings aren't offered because in my experience the food has always been fantastic, so there should definitely be nothing to hide there.

If you have any other specific questions, let me know and i'll do my best to help. Congratulations on getting the venue booked and welcome to hitched ?

• E
    Beginner September 2015
    EssexBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I may well look into contacting some TripAdvisor reviewers!

I didn't like to push the food tasting with the venue as other half had already been doing some "negotiating" with them and said I was pushing my luck! I am hoping that the lack of food tasting is a way they manage to keep their costs reasonable whilst still being a pretty venue and giving high quality food and service! I hope this is not just wishful thinking. The food tasting events are obviously not "free" and venues/caterers must be making sure they cover the cost in their quote for your wedding.

Linda - congratulations to you too! As we are both having the same issue, I shall promise now to write a review for Newland Hall after our wedding! Hopefully it will be a 5 star one!

PavonePhotography - thank you for your comments that has reassured me a little! ?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

No problem, happy to help if I can Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics