Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Roisin
Beginner October 2022 Co Tyrone

Newly engaged! ?

Roisin, 28 of October of 2020 at 07:48 Posted on Planning 0 6
Morning everyone! ? My partner proposed to me the other day and after coming down from my wee bubble of happiness, everyone started asking me have I started planning, have I looked at venues and I started to get really stressed. We've decided to wait a year and a half/2 years so we're not rushing, but where do I start? Should I be booking venues and choosing bridesmaids this early on? And what adds to the stress is that I'm having the wedding in Ireland, but live in England atm! I'm so clueless ?

6 replies

Latest activity by Roisin, 28 of October of 2020 at 20:19
  • Claire
    Curious September 2022 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Claire ·
    • Hide content

Congrats! I just got engaged a few weeks ago.

Definitely get the venue & date sorted first! I booked my venue officially last night.

We will be booking our photographer & videographer this week hopefully.

This is the order I'm doing mine in anyway!

I'm asking my girls later this week now that the date & venue is sorted. I wanted to wait until I had that first. I'm getting married September 2022.

• R
    Dedicated September 2021 Essex
    Ruth ·
    • Hide content
    Congrats!
    I'd say yes to looking at venues and getting a date chalked in. So many weddings have been postponed and rearranged for 2021/2022 that I believe choice many be more limited than expected ordinarily- however please don't panic! I'd say to start exploring options, even just for your peace of mind.

Best of luck!
  • Roisin
    Roisin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Congrats to you as well! Thank you for the advice, I had it in my head sooner than later because of everything going on, but had no idea what to start with! Good luck with everything ?
  • Roisin
    Roisin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Ruth, that's put me at ease! I'll start at least looking around, and get my mum in on it back at home!
  • Victoria
    Beginner August 2022 Nottinghamshire
    Victoria ·
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in August and I booked my venue and church pretty soon after getting engaged as we knew exactly where we wanted to get married. Now that those two things are done I feel much more at ease as we have a date to work to! ? congratulations! Xx
  • Roisin
    Roisin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Victoria, congrats to you as well! I think I will definitely do that as soon as possible though I've no idea about venues or anything yet ? xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics