just recently engaged this week, on valentine’s day! i’m in my little bubble ?✨
where do i start?!?! any advice - Thank you in advance xxx

9 replies

Latest activity by Emily, 20 of February of 2021 at 11:43
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Does your hand feel really heavy with the ring? I know mine did at first Smiley xd

I guess the first thing is to decide how soon you want to get married. 2021 obviously means the risk of Covid restrictions, so you need to decide if you are ok with that or want to wait. If you are happy to wait, bear in mind that lots of 2022, and possibly 2023 dates are starting to get filled by people postponing their weddings, so start researching! If your heart is set on a particular venue/date, you might need to consider booking the venue without having seen it in person first - but if you can be flexible, or haven't decided what you want yet, then you can probably afford to wait until lockdown lifts and you can do actual in-person viewings!

But mostly enjoy the newly engaged feeling! I got engaged just before Xmas, the day before we went into Tier 4, so totally understand how weird it can be not being able to celebrate with family and friends, but it can make this a really loved-up time in your engagement bubble!

• Kirsty
    Curious July 2022 Gloucestershire
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!! Enjoy the newly engaged buzz ??

First thing that we did was work out a very rough guest list so that we knew the size of venue that we were looking for. Also probably a good idea to think of budget so that you can factor that in when you’re looking into locations and dates - obviously some days and times of year are more expensive so it’s just a factor to consider!
    I think like someone has already said, 2022 is busy busy. We booked our July 2022 venue last August and there was hardly any weekend dates left. So don’t delay too much if you have your heart set on a sooner date.
    Good luck ?

• B
    Beginner April 2023 Durham
    Becca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah feels so strange haha!! but i am loving it ? ? ...
    and awww congratulations to you also !?, we are thinking 2024, just because we will of been together 10 years then! it was my partners suggestion and thought it was quite sweet actually ! .. but your totally right it’s so strange not being able to see friends and family to celebrate , but i am 100% enjoying the little engagement bubble ??
  • B
    Beginner April 2023 Durham
    Becca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw thankyou so much ??

aw great i’m on to a good start then!!! this is what i have been doing today, my partner came in from work and i had already wrote a rough list of people!!
    Thankyou for the advice , we think 2024! but yeah like you say you have to be ahead of the game and get it organised as we do want a weekend date aswell! thankyou Xx
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhh that is nice to tie it into your 10 years together! And means you've got enough time to start thinking and researching without needing to rush into booking a venue until you can go and see them in person! And in the meantime you can start playing around with other ideas you might have for the day. Enjoy!

• S
    Savvy January 2023 East London
    Stephanie ·
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Really Exciting.

Enjoy this time. One of the bigs things I found was not getting too carried away with the whole thing and making every conversation about the wedding with the significant other. I reason I have joined these forums is to work out some out that energy!

• Kept
    Savvy November 2020 Devon
    Kept ·
    • Hide content

Hi Becca,

Congratulations! That's so exciting!! It brings me so much joy to hear people are getting engaged during this time. My first advice would be to make sure you enjoy the engagement. Enjoy sharing it with friends and family (if you can) before you jump into the wedding planning because once you are in it, it can consume you Smiley smile.

I wrote a blog about the first steps when wedding planning which will be a really good read for you! It tells you what you should think about first and foremost to ensure you are prepared for every step thereafter.

I hope this helps!

With love,

Laura x

Kept Weddings

• C
    Beginner May 2023 Essex
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Becca

Congratulations to you! I also got engaged on Valentines Day this year! It is such an amazing bubble to be in!!
  • Emily
    Beginner August 2022 Cornwall
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    Aww congratulations on your engagement!!! In terms of getting started with wedding planning I would first discuss with your partner a budget and select a few things that are most important to you and you would be willing to pay more for so for us that was our photographer and venue. I would also try and find out early on if you have any family members that want to contribute to your special day as this can have a big impact on your overall budget.
    Once you’ve got your budget sorted your gonna want to start researching venues and reaching out to them. Make sure you write down a set of important questions to ask each venue so you don’t forget anything! Once you’ve booked your venue you can then book all of the other fun things!
    I would say to just have fun and relax and enjoy it! I also bought myself a wedding planner which is so useful and has everything you need in it here’s the link to the one I have https://blushandgold.co.uk/collections/wedding-planner-books-for-brides-organiser/products/engagement-gift-luxury-wedding-planner-book

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics