Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HelenSomerset
Beginner September 2014

Newlyweds ITVBe

HelenSomerset, 25 of February of 2015 at 22:08 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 41

Has anyone been watching this? Believe it is a series but only the first episode has been shown. I have seen the first 30 minutes and am not sure what to make of it. You can see where the cracks are going to be in the relationships before they even get married! Any thoughts from fellow newlyweds / old marrieds?

41 replies

Latest activity by MrsShep, 22 of April of 2015 at 10:09
  • MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Haha, might be watching that on catch up tomorrow! Thanks for the tip, bored stiff otherwise, say yes to the dress isn't as much fun now that I'm married! I'll report back if I find it

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Look out for a car crash moment where one bride sacks her three bridesmaids for not losing enough weight before the wedding!!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like such a sweetie! ;-)

Oh god, I'm 2mins in and want to hurt these people already!

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

Haha! Good old ITVBe! I love these programmes!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content

How do you lot find time to watch TV? ?

I've still got programmes from before Christmas in my planner!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Haha, I've been off work this week, plenty of time to watch crap TV! Whitney fat girl dancing is my favourite at the moment!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Jesus, where did they find these people?! None of these people were ready to get married! Best line of the episode though was unless you're dying keep trying

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Next incredible crap if my husband is not gay. Ha!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The 4 hours between getting in from work and going to bed mainly - then weekends. But I don't go out an awful lot - I'm not a hermit, but I don't have a hectic social life (about which I'm very glad).

I've never seen this show though - I saw the trailers inbetween episodes of Dinner Date (which my H inexplicably likes) and decided it looks too awful to contemplate. I never really watch reality TV, but my H will get drawn into stuff like that so it's best to flip the channel before it even starts!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

They are charming, aren't they? I only watched it because I saw the trailer during Dinner Date too - unfortunately it didn't put me off! As a disclaimer, I only watch Dinner Date because the cat enjoys it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ha! Great excuse. Mine is I'm off sick, daytime TV is encouraged!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm off sick too so I'll watch anything to keep me entertained. So long as it doesn't have food in it, not good with nausea I find.

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Why did no one on here mention glittering the lawn! I now feel that I've missed out...

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Aww, you still feeling queasy? Haha, yeah, if I'd had grass I'd totally have glittered it, who doesn't!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Glittering the lawn! Hilarious!

Although I did like the woman that was marrying the bloke called Alaska's white floral muff thing. Not seen that before. Good idea for a winter wedding.

Muff sounds rude but you know what I mean..

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

?

It didn't until you said so!!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Who are you kidding MrsShep? "Muff" always makes me giggle! :-)

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Ahahahaha! I think Im worse the more obscure the connection. As I read your reply someone on the telly said lollipop and that made me laugh, how childish is that?!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I've just watched the second episode, god these people are annoying!

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

I'm weirdly attracted to this programme, I just can't believe how stupid these people are but it just makes me grin so much. If you think that marital problems are bringing you down, this programme is a must.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I think my favourite couple is Blair and Jeff. The others drive me crazy. What is with the whole little woman thing? One who's supposed to stay at home and one who is supposed to let her husband make all the decisions? Bleurgh!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Jeff and Blair are my favourite too. Weirdly despite Blair being massively over the top, in comparison to the others, they are the most normal! They also seem to care about each other's feelings which I am not sure some of the others do!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yep, this is exactly my thoughts on it too. I can't stand the couple where she's become a housewife, they really get my back up. Just seems wrong

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Kathryn & John get my back up, but I'm kind of ambivalent about the housewife thing. If OH and I are lucky enough to have a family, ideally we'd like for me to become a stay-at-home mum, so that in itself I don't think is too 1950s-in-a-bad-way. The ones I really can't get over are Alaska and whats-her-name. All that "You're the man of the house. I have no say". WTF?!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, sorry, I should clarify that its not the housewife bit that bugs me (although she doesn't seem to want to) they're just weird! Been together less than a year, hadn't lived together, seem very forced, urgh. Yeah, the man of the house thing is ridiculous.

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The same with me. I need to start deleting and / or watching stuff before Mr Erin gets too angry about it!

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    MrsRees2B ·
    • Hide content

I've downloaded it but haven't watched it yet. Will give it a bash at some point this week.

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

This sounds amazing but what's ITVb? Can you get that through Virgin?

If that's really obvious don't laugh - I only use TV for One Born Every Minute lol!

• InkedDoll
    VIP January 2015
    InkedDoll ·
    • Hide content

It's just on freeview so I assume you'd get it on Virgin too. Can anyone with Virgin confirm..?

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Don't know about Virgin but it's definitely on ITV player if that's any good for you?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Yaaas!!! I think I have to start on Episode 2 but I'm already loving it!!! Where do they find these people?!?

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Its on virgin. I only caught the first episode a few weeks ago the pop star girl really bugged me

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics