Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

HelenSomerset
Beginner September 2014

Newlyweds ITVBe

HelenSomerset, 25 of February of 2015 at 22:08

Posted on Off Topic Posts 41

Has anyone been watching this? Believe it is a series but only the first episode has been shown. I have seen the first 30 minutes and am not sure what to make of it. You can see where the cracks are going to be in the relationships before they even get married! Any thoughts from fellow newlyweds /...

Has anyone been watching this? Believe it is a series but only the first episode has been shown. I have seen the first 30 minutes and am not sure what to make of it. You can see where the cracks are going to be in the relationships before they even get married! Any thoughts from fellow newlyweds / old marrieds?

41 replies

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I cannot imagine being married to her!! Loved the gay couple. Super sweet and out of all of them seem to be the happiest. Love a newlyweds programme lol

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Disclaimer - this comment is probably quite catty.

How old do you think that bollywood pop star woman is? I reckon she's probably about early thirties but sometimes the way the camera catches her, it looks like she could be twice that with just a lot of plastic surgery! She's not a great advert for lip enhancement either...

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Haha, Helen, catty but you know we were thinking it too! Just started watching episode 3 and she says she nearly 35, that's what I'd have guessed. 1 negative pregnancy test and she wants to go to the Dr to find out what's wrong!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Helen, did you get to the end of the series? I ended up watching them all! Just watched the a couple of years down the line where are the now episode!

• Superhanka
    Beginner December 2014
    Superhanka ·
    • Hide content

I watched the whole series, MrsShep, and the most recent prog 2 yrs down the line.

I must admit I didn't warm to any of the couples in the beginning, but was rooting for them all by the end.

Tina is blinking mad, but lovely to see them with a cute little kid.

John still seems to be a bit of a chauvinist.

Not sure what to make of Jeff & Blair.

I can't figure out how Kim has a different hair length/cut/style in every scene!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, same here. John and Kathryn are still the couple I'd most like to smack! Tina and tarz just didn't seem right to start with but I love them a little bit now! Good on them for not letting her dad break them up too. Haha, the ever changing hair! How?! Why?!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

Yes I did watch it to the end. They also showed a trailer for a second series with new couples.

Tina's dad was so rude and self centred it was unbelievable! Really liked Jeff and Blair at the start but by the end thought Blair was very childish and needed a smack (metaphorically, of course).

Couldn't work out the hair thing either. Thought it was wigs but then she swam and went in the shower.

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

Oh god, I wanted to shake Tina's dad. You'd think he'd have softened after they'd given him a grandchild. I thought Blair would grow up and they'd be ok, I was sad for them but not really too surprised when I thought about it. Just couldn't stand John at any stage. You don't want to look after your own child? And what was with legalised cannabis?! He was stoned!

• HelenSomerset
    Beginner September 2014
    HelenSomerset ·
    • Hide content

The cannabis thing was weird. I thought they were going for a massage or facial when they went to that wellness centre. Maybe I am naive, but didn't see that coming!

Not casting aspersions on people with MS etc who may find it helpful, but about Alaska I did think "back pain my arse"!

• MrsShep
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsShep ·
    • Hide content

I thought that too!! Haha, definitely seemed like he was treating his personality traits more than his back pain

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics