Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner

Next question...jam jar favours!

claiireee, 18 January, 2012 at 22:28 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi,

I've had an eBay wedding night and my latest idea is to fill jam jars with sweets and cover with material, then stick a label on with the guests name so they act as favours and place names. We were originally going to have pick 'n' mix bags, but I think the jam jars fit more with the feel of the wedding.

My question is, has anyone done similar and can you advise what size jar to use? They're really reasonably priced, but I don't know which to buy! We don't want mini mini, or we won't be able to fit many sweets in, but we don't want as big as you'd get with a proper jam jar. If that makes sense?!

x

9 replies

Latest activity by shellsworth, 6 February, 2012 at 09:06
  • Moschops
    Beginner March 2014
    Moschops ·
    • Hide content

Do you have an ikea near you? I was in one the other day and they had little jars with silver lids in a set of 4 , and they were only a few pounds for the set they were called Rajtan spice jars.

They might be just what your looking for ?

• C
    Beginner May 2013
    Connaghsmum ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are looking at doing this as well and I have found this website.... it's good because if you order over a certain amount then the labels are free. You can also order just 1 jar to see if you like the size.. hope this helps! http://www.miniatureglassbottles.co.uk

• cozmiceye
    Beginner October 2013
    cozmiceye ·
    • Hide content

Hi I'm doing jam jar favours aswell. We had a look in the range but it depends how many you need. x

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

I too think the mini sized jars you get at a hotel are far too small for sweets (& stingy for jam too!). What about getting friends & family to start saving jars you can use. Do they all need to match?

If you are getting the jars reasonably priced, what about making the sweets inside yourself: fudge, shortbreads, rocky road, coconut ice, chocolates, marshmallows etc.

I've seen a few shaped jars that come in a size between the mini jar and a full jar of jam size & would be 100-200ml in size.

/in-the-kitchen/preserving-and-make-your-own/preserving-and-pickling/jars-and-bottles/

I also found these, but they dont say how many mls that hold.

I've also seen jars at Wilkinsons & maybe at poundland or lidl.

• C
    Beginner
    claiireee ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

They don't all need to match, nope! I've asked work colleagues and family to start collecting them for me. When I asked my Mum, turns out she already has over 40 as she didn't do home made jam this year. Looks like I'll be ok after all! I'm hoping to use bigger ones to hold tea lights as well Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner October 2012
    butterflystar ·
    • Hide content

Ooo great idea on the Little Chef jam jar collection.. I may try that one myself. I'm going for chilli jam in them to be a bit different (and is the only jam I have every made successfully!)

• Tlegs
    Tlegs ·
    • Hide content

If you know any one with a baby, ask them to keep the glass baby food jars for you as these are between 100-200ml and would probably suit? ?

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

I'm having jam jars filled with mini eggs Smiley smile ( Easter wedding) here is a flash:

I asked everyone to collect jars for me, got hundreds upstairs so going to go through them. Becuase they are more table decorations than favours we prefer the look of having different shapes and sizes Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics