Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I-go-by-many-names
Super April 2015

Nice but cheap patterned paper/wallpaper?

I-go-by-many-names, 12 of January of 2015 at 18:33 Posted on Planning 0 7

We are having Japanese inspired decor at our wedding and our colours are pale pink and dark/navy blue. For our table plan I have bought a very large (A1 size) picture frame. The idea was to put a backing of cherry blossom patterned paper, then print off smaller postcard sized cards on ivory card with lists of names on them for each table and stick them on. Sound easy, yes? But how to do this cheaply? The frame was £3.99 but I can't seem to find any cheap paper with the right design on to use as background.

To give an idea, this is perfect as a background but I'm not sure I want to buy a whole roll for £19. I doubt B and Q would give me a sample large enough.

http://www.diy.com/departments/blossom-chalk-pink-smooth-wallpaper/939533_BQ.prd

So has anyone got any bright ideas please?

Thanks in advance!

7 replies

Latest activity by pinkypoo85, 13 of January of 2015 at 11:47
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

How much would you be looking to spend?

Wall paper wise, there are a few on Amazon, but all around the £13 mark.

Have you looked at A1 posters? For example, there's loads of stuff like this around if it'd be any good (although this one isn't the right size)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Framed-Print-Pink-Cherry-Blossom-Tree-Picture-Poster-Flower-Japanese-Art-/321531649744?pt=UK_Home_HomeDecor_WallHangings&hash=item4adcc79ed0

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

In our Homebase you basically help yourself to a sample, I'm sue you can do the same in B&Q. A1 isn't that big. If you can't help yourself, why not just ask them for a large piece. Offer to pay for it! The only problem you might have is with it being an expensive one, it might not be one they give samples of. I'd pop into your local DIY stores and see what they have and what you can snaffle. x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I don't know about anyone elses B&Q, but at all the ones near me they stab holes in the sample paper so it can't be taken in large bits and actually used. I suppose you could strategically place your postcards over those bits if your B&Q does the same?

• S
    Beginner July 2015
    S&K2015 ·
    • Hide content

B & M if you have one locally, I was in there today and saw a paper im sure would be prefect for you and I think it was about £7 a roll - they might have an online shop?

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

Perfect! I've looked online but there doesn't seem to be any on their online shop. Maybe I will pop in and see on my way home from work tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

• J
    Beginner November 2015
    jesikab4u ·
    • Hide content

Usualy you can just take sample in homebase and b&q. But if you have the range near you they usualy do cheap wallpaper for around £7 you could always use the wall paper else where in your decor to tie it in if you get a whole roll.

• samidolls
    Beginner September 2015
    samidolls ·
    • Hide content

When I was shopping for wallpaper for our house I went into B&Q and just took my own samples. And most of them we massive. I even opened up rolls when there wasn't a tester! Nobody ever questioned me, I just did it after all you have to be able to see how the pattern repeats..... I figure if you look confident they don't stop you! A1 of a full roll of paper is not a lot after all.

• pinkypoo85
    Beginner August 2016
    pinkypoo85 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This ^^

I went in on Saturday and helped myslef and there is nothing stopping you taking quite a large amount....I should know as OH moaned I had taken to much when I got them home to pin to the wall!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics