Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner July 2006

nice keepsakes for bride on hen night?

JJJ, 24 September, 2009 at 17:29 Posted on Planning 0 4

Has anyone got any ideas of something nice i can do for the bride on her hen night? A surprise of some sort or a present / keepsake type thing? I was thinking of a book with 'tips for marriage' or something jokey like that but has anyone got any better ideas? thanks!

4 replies

Latest activity by bluewater, 25 September, 2009 at 09:40
  • crafty em
    Beginner June 2008
    crafty em ·
    • Hide content

Love the photo in a frame idea, with the date engraved on the back.

If you wanted a card/gift i do a something blue card..............the crystal heart is on a lobster claw clasp so can be clipped on to a garter/bouquet etc etc for the wedding

hth

Em x

• H
    Beginner
    Helen *Instant Forever* ·
    • Hide content

There seems to be a theme emerging here!

We do photo guest books (which you can complete with 4" x 6" prints, or Fuji Instax / Polaroid pics). They're good because you can ask the other hens to bring along pics from over the years, or you can complete it on the hen do and you can all write messages alongside. I did one for my friend Vici and all the hens had to have their pic taken with Vics at some stage over the weekend and then write her a little wish for her married life. She was very chuffed with it!

The digital ones are here (but this is the kit, with a little portable printer etc, you can also get the book on it's own) http://www.instantforever.com/digital-album-start-kit.html

And the Fuji instax / Polaroid ones are here: http://www.instantforever.com/fujifilm-album.html

http://www.instantforever.com/polaroid_guest_albums.html

Hope that helps!

Helen

• C
    Beginner October 2009
    CookieMonster ·
    • Hide content

This may not be appropriate but I thought i would share it as its the best hen idea i've ever seen! A freind of mine got married in Cyprus last year, and her cheif BM organised the following game:

Everyone attending the hen party had to buy a small gift for the bride (no more than £5) that was either, old, borrowed, blue or new. On the night, the Cheif BM had made a spinny board thing (like in Twister) and the bride would open the girfts one by one from which every category the spinny thing landed on. By the end of the night she had all sorts...a belly dancing outfit (borrowed), a book of the Karma Sutra (blue), a shilling (old) and about 20 other things! It took her a good hour to open all the gifts and it was brilliant fun wondering what the next one was going to be - i would highly recommend this game!

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

My sister (and CBM) sent all my friends an A4 piece of card, and got them to decorate it and write messages on it, however they wanted. my sister just got a box to put it in. now i've got lots of lovely handwritten messages from all my favourite people, lots of photos of us all, probably nearly all of them are decorated with glitter pens etc etc. there are pics drawn by my bridesmaids (aged 8 6 and 4 before you wonder....) and some very heartfelt and tear jerking messages from my sis, aunt and mum. it was my favourite bit of my hen weekend ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics