Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

flowersinherhair
Beginner April 2014

Nicknames.

flowersinherhair, 17 March, 2013 at 12:48 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 14

My best friend's nickname for me is Swill, way before JLo started doing it!

I just realised that when I get married it will change to *ahem* Spar.

Classy!!

What will yours be when you marry or what is it if you already married?

14 replies

Latest activity by Arquard, 17 March, 2013 at 21:29
  • flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Haha destroyer! I know how you feel I'm terminally clumsy too!

Just wanted to see if anyone else's version is worse than mine, my best friend is the only person who calls me by my surname still!

• Tizzie
    Beginner June 2012
    Tizzie ·
    • Hide content

My friend calls me kinky [maiden name] which she found hilarious in high school as I was anything but. She stills says it as she can't think of anything rude with my married surname!!

Family nicknames are Shortie (as I was a preemie so I was tiny) smudge and whale are "affectionate" names from my brother. He also gives troll a go sometimes.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Many people at work still call me by my maiden name but shortened. Actually quite a few hitchers do as well.

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuperSpud ·
    • Hide content

In work I get called Cinnamon (surname is Graham). My old work nickname was Ears, which came about because in our internal email system, to send an email, you had to enter the first three letters of the person's firstname & surname, which in my case spelt - ear. H hated this nickname, as he always thought they were referencing the fact that I can't hear very well.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

Nicknames never seem to stick with me. The only one i've ever really had was "sticky tits"
    Unfortunately, how that came about isn't even half as interesting as you might think.

*Edit* Nothing surname related for me, but oh gets called "Gilb" quite a bit.
    I'm not changing my name when we marry so fingers crossed I wont attract anything similar!

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

CJ, which I really like. Actually, I may change my username to this.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

I didn't change my name when I married so most nicknames are based on a shortened version of my maiden name, so I am 'Oi, Hilts' to many (especially as my first name is quite common and so there's always a need to distinguish the ten of us that work in an office). Various pub quiz names and fantasy footie teams are 'Up To The Hilts'.

For the boys at uni, I will forever be 'Indices', pronounced 'in *dye* sees', after I mispronounced that word early on in my degree (it should be *in* di sees). I reckon that nickname might be completely unique in the whole world. There's nothing like meeting up after three years and hearing 'Hey, In-dye-sees, over here' shouted across a pub (fluffy emoticon).

Dad calls me Doodle, because I used to rock back and forth, repeating 'doodle doodle doodle'. I'm not sure he gets the insane overtones in this behaviour.

• Ixia
    Beginner
    Ixia ·
    • Hide content

It's boring but I just get called a shortened version of my full name, Cat instead of Catherine. My Dad calls me CJ.

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Harvs, Harvo, Swinno, Swinners, Swinny - all maiden and married surname based.

• ebony_rose
    Genius
    ebony_rose ·
    • Hide content

I don't have any surname ones.

My family calls me Nells/Nelly, and have done since I was born. I've never asked why.

H calls me "Slim", because i'm not.

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Forgot, my family all call me 'tors'

• Erin8
    Beginner June 2014
    Erin8 ·
    • Hide content

How long have we got?! I have a lot of nick names: Ezzie, Ez, Esmerelda, Ezzie Mc, Rin, Rinky, Reens, Rinks, Reenee and Mrs Mc.

Once l get married l will still be Mrs Mc!

• Kjay
    Beginner August 2013
    Kjay ·
    • Hide content

Most of my family and old friends still call me KJ (first and middle name).

My dad still occasionally calls me Tilly- apparently an old cartoon girl called tilly flop who was clumsy and fell over a chalk line?? I have never seen any evidence of this so he could have made it up ?

I have never a surname related nick name tho my brothers did at school- Armitage went to just Army or anything to do with bathrooms/toilets.

• Arquard
    Beginner May 2011
    Arquard ·
    • Hide content

My maiden name is Whitney, so I had Houston, Whitters, Shitney etc. They seem to have stuck despite getting married and having a completely new surname ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics