Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2025 North Yorkshire

Night before …

Libby, 1 of September of 2024 at 10:13 Posted on Planning 1 1
My bridal suite sleeps 6 which is the exact amount bridesmaids and me . So my mother is booking a room I suggested this to mil she said about jumping in with my mother (they’ve never met) so I said no you’ll have to book a room. Anyway she wasn’t , so the venue did say they have 2 additional beds if needed , so I mentioned that and said when we go have another look I’ll see if there’s any space etc. anyway we couldn’t go to the prep room but they said you won’t be able to move once the beds are down. I hate being cramped , so I said my mother can book a room she just looked at me so I said we will just have 1 bed . Then the night of the wedding we have been given an apartment which has different rooms sleeps quite a few , we just wanted this for us and then my partner is on about my his mother staying there because she hasn’t booked a room for the night of the wedding yet. So I said no, I felt bad but if there was any contribution I’d maybe be a bit more ok yes . But my parents are paying half their paying for their own room night before and night of the wedding etc and now I’m panicking as I hate being closed in not being able to move around in the suite the night before. And I’m going to have to pay for her hair if she stays too I’m saving my ass off to be able to afford all this I haven’t got spare money lying around adding an extra person for hair and make up is an extra £150 which I haven’t got . None of my bridesmaids have met her even my mother isn’t staying with us in the room leaving me with the bridesmaids I feel I’m so stressed … is it me ? Am I overthinking ?

1 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 11 of September of 2024 at 22:01
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Your MIL is being unreasonable - but so, I'm afraid, is your fiancé. Please make sure that you are both in agreement about the place that your mothers will have in your lives post-marriage. I cannot stress enough how important this is. Difference of opinion over family boundaries is one of the greatest areas of conflict in a marriage, so please don't stick your head in the sand and hope it will go away. It's frankly bizarre to suggest that the bride's mother-in-law spends time with the bride and bridesmaids before the wedding while the bride's mother is banished! (I also imagine that this must be quite hurtful for your mother)

It's totally fine to get ready with just your bridesmaids. But if you are going to include either mother or MIL as well, then it really must be your mother.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics