Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsT-tobe
Beginner June 2013

NIGHTMARE wedding and bridesmaid dress shopping!!! *flash*

MrsT-tobe, 4 April, 2012 at 19:49 Posted on Planning 0 11

Today should have been a lovely day but it has turned into the most stressful day i've had!! Myself and 3 out of my 4 adult bridesmaids went to look at bride and bridesmaid dresses, started well i told my bridesmaid (my sister, niece and step daughter) to look for dresses they liked while i picked out some bride dresses and they did.

They tried on some dresses they liked and all was going well until my sister found one she loved, i on the other hand werent keen so she then sat down and spent the rest of the time we were there sitting on her phone in a mood. I tried on three dresses and loved two of them but she didnt even say anything about them.

She then went to go on to say she wanted her hair curly and a tiara in it. Which is not how i want there hair.

I came home feeling stressed and upset and annoyed as there was no reason to feel like this. I'm still trying to decide on a colour but now i feel like i need to have navy as thats what my sister likes.

Anyway heres some pics of me in my fav dress and the bridesmaid dresses. (Sorry about them being the wrong way)

The dress i LOVE!!!!

11 replies

Latest activity by MrsT-tobe, 4 April, 2012 at 23:54
  • B
    Beginner November 2013
    Bathsheeba ·
    • Hide content

At the end of the day it's your wedding. When it's her wedding she can wear what she wants.

• soon2bmrsRB
    Beginner May 2013
    soon2bmrsRB ·
    • Hide content

I agree its your wedding day not hers its your choice and i think you should tell her so! i hope all goes well next time! x

• LilMissBusyBride
    Beginner August 2013
    LilMissBusyBride ·
    • Hide content

I love my bridesmaids to pieces but what I say goes regarding colour. I completely want them to feel comfortable and excited with the dress and so am going for ones I feel are flattering for them and checking this out with them (but I will pick the colour, price, and ask them from the selection of ones I like which one is best). This might sound quite frank but at the end of the day it is your day and your money. Saying this, I am more than happy to wear what my friends want at their wedding but would also say if I felt really uncomfortable. Therefore, I think you are completely entitled to pick the colour. In the nices possible way, perhaps your sis is not used to you being centre of attention and she didn't really know how to manage her feelings towards this? Perhaps her reaction wasn't really about the dress? Your dress looks gorgeous btw!

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I think that navy one looks really nice, does it come in another colour so that you could both meet in the middle with it?

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

Has she ever been a bridesmaid before?? She sounds like she wants quite a bridal look "curly hair & a tiara", I think you need to put her in her place before she gets too far out of hand. Remind her that it is your day. Your dress is beautiful....is it The One??

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

I think my dress is 'the one' something i didnt understand until trying it on. Its the second time i've tried it on and i really really love it!!

Lil missbusybride, i think your completely right about the centre of attention thing. I'm the type of person that tries to hide in the shadows and is generally walked all over and does not say a word about it. My sister is older and loud and frank and will say what she thinks! Without sounding harsh she is jealous, she was fine when she was trying on dresses but when the attention changed to me she was a nightmare.

Nicalf08, it comes in lots of colours so that may be an idea, i like the idea of having it in purple so that may be a good idea!

• Blonde Viki
    Beginner July 2012
    Blonde Viki ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This!!

And you look beautiful in that dress! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner November 2012
    SamJK ·
    • Hide content

I agree, its your wedding its up to you what they should wear, however Im probably gonna be in the same position when it comes to shopping for my bm's dresses!! I really like the navy one and the wedding dress is lovely too! ?

• Mellow_Yellow
    Beginner May 2012
    Mellow_Yellow ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wss!

Your dress is stunning btw ?

• S
    Beginner June 2013
    Sarah67 ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is gorgeous. I like the Navy blue as that is the colour I am having. Hope you don't mind me asking but who are they made by and how much?

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

SIT'S Veronica ve151115 and it's £200. It is lovely and really flattering on, I just don't like the flower in the middle as I want my bridesmaids in corsages and side buns and don't think this will work with a centre flower. X

• MrsT-tobe
    Beginner June 2013
    MrsT-tobe ·
    • Hide content

Veromia ninny veronica lol damn predictive iPad typing lol!!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics