Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Curious August 2021 Cheshire

No babies allowed!

Happyyellowcakes15704, 16 of December of 2020 at 14:41 Posted on Planning 0 5
So 4 of our friends who we will invite to the day will have babies ranging from 2 months to 7 months.

We are only having our neices as flower girls and no other children.
Will people know that that means babies as well? Or do I have to be specific.Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by Happyyellowcakes15704, 17 of December of 2020 at 20:38
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I would imagine that they will be contacting you for clarification, unless you specifically mention babies. As it's only 4 couples, you might want to contact them individually and confirm. Or you might just want to make it clear from the invitation.

As a side note, bear in mind that those with the youngest children might be declining your invite. Just mentioning because when my cousin got married, she was really upset that one friend did not come as she had a small baby. Friend was actually relieved that baby was not invited and she had a get out, as she did not especially want to come with baby anyway.

• H
    Happyyellowcakes15704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. I can imagine it will be difficult to attend and my friend who has a 2 year old always uses it as an excuse. I just want more of an adult feel.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Most 'child free' weddings make exception for babies that young, so I think you will need to specify on the invitation - either that, or have a conversation with the parents. Just bear in mind that people with babies that young are likely to be unable to attend if they can't bring the infant.

• April21Bride
    Rockstar July 2021 West London
    April21Bride ·
    • Hide content
    We’ve asked those who want to bring kids to contact us directly- that way I can tell them no directly.

The only kids at my wedding will be 2 nieces (flower girls) and a nephew (ring bearer). Guests can’t expect you to accommodate their children plus I’m sure they’d enjoy the break
  • H
    Happyyellowcakes15704 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. Yes I have added that on the website about asking questions so will do that.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics