Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Savvy September 2023 Durham

No bridesmaids to save money?

Rebecca, 17 of September of 2021 at 08:14 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hi wondering if anyone has not had bridesmaid to keep wedding cost down? We are looking for ways to cut the cost, up to now we have took wedding favours off and button holes. I would like to have bridesmaids but it would end up costing roughly £500 just for their dressers.

4 replies

Latest activity by Rebecca, 17 of September of 2021 at 14:33
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    I had 10 bridesmaids and their dresses were £11.25 each in the sale from ASOS and their sandals £8 in the sand from Boohoo. It doesn’t have to cost a lot and you could hack just one I’d twoNo bridesmaids to save money? 1

• Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Also their single white roses tied with organza were £4.50 each from a florist so you can keep costs down
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You could ask your bridesmaids to wear clothes of their choice, so that you don't have to pay for matching dresses - more sustainable anyway, since you're not paying out for a load of dresses that will probably never be worn again.

And as @Marcie says, you could just do a single flower/ribbon for them - if you buy a supermarket bunch of flowers to split between them instead of ordering from a florist, it would work out even cheaper! I had a friend who got married in spring who bought bunches of supermarket daffodils & wrapped the stems with a ribbon - it cost about £1.20 per bridesmaid!

• R
    Savvy September 2023 Durham
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing such a good idea! Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics