Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2011

No children to wedding - text

robertson2b, 10 February, 2011 at 14:04 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hi

I imagine this has been posted loads of times before but I can't seem to find anythign when I carry out a search. Anyway....

We are only going to have immediate family children at our wedding and I therefore need to put something in the invite about this.

Has anyone got any nice pieces of text to insert????

Thanks

11 replies

Latest activity by Em1982, 10 February, 2011 at 19:47
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

We apologise but (due to the small venue size?) are only able to accommodate children within our immediate family.

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Ours say: Please note that due to limited numbers, we have decided to restrict child invitations for the daytime to the bridal party only. children are more than welcome in the evening'

For yours, I'd obviously leave out the 'welcome in the evening bit'.

Or a few other suggestions I saw were:

Parents please note: It is our wish to have an adult-only celebration. We hope that this advance notice means that you are still able to share our big day.’

‘We hope you understand that we have chosen to make our special day adults only.’

‘To allow all guests to relax and enjoy themselves, we have chosen for our wedding day to be adults only.’

‘We want to make you aware as early as possible that due to numbers and maximum capacity of the venue, we will not be able to invite children to the wedding or reception. We thank you for your understanding on this matter.’

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I can't add any better suggestions than Kat44, but, whilst the size of the venue is a perfectly reasonable explanation, I would only include it if it's believeable. If you have a massive venue that isn't full, perhaps the parents might be a bit miffed.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting children at your wedding, you shouldn't have to apologise or make excuses for it, in my opinion.

• Buzzee
    Beginner January 2012
    Buzzee ·
    • Hide content

Am I right in thinking you can't 'ban' babies under a certain age incase their mums are breast feeding? I really don't want any kids or babies at ours (sorry if ofends anyone!) but now have at least 2 friends who will have young babies. Do i just need to accept that they have to be invited?

• Kat44
    Beginner August 2011
    Kat44 ·
    • Hide content

Thankfully, ours is true! The room holds 60 max and we've got 54 so should be ok with limited numbers ?

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When I breast fed I always expressed milk if Dad had to look after the baby so plenty of it in the fridge. If baby doesn't like the bottle then that is a different matter entirely. Maybe speak to the mums if they are your friends and ask if it will cause a problem if they have to get a babysitter.

• FutureMrsRon
    Beginner February 2012
    FutureMrsRon ·
    • Hide content

I don't want any kids at ours, just not my idea of a perfect day, don't mean to be rude it's just our taste, but SIL2B has gone and got herself pregnant lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm completely thrilled to be an auntie but I've told her if it's coming to the wedding, the only way is if I can put it in fancy dress so I'm making it an Elmo costume ?

• R
    Beginner August 2011
    robertson2b ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all, lots to choose from.

We do have a big venue so we would have to be careful with our words, but we have a small church so I might say something about that.

I wouldn't want to not put anything just to make sure, would be awful if couples started turning up with children!!

• Em1982
    Beginner
    Em1982 ·
    • Hide content

We are the same chrissy. we have our 2 kids coming, our sisters kids and one cousins because they are travelling from far away so no choice. our venue is plenty big enough however it will cost us alot of money if we invite everyones kids plus i dont want it to be like a creche, everyone we know has kids and it would be awful!!

so we will just write the names of the adults on the invitation, i cant see anyone would be daft enough to then bring kids. but to be honest id imagine most would chose not to bring them anyway, its boring for the kids and the adults want to have a drink and relax.

as for breastfeeding or young babies. i couldnt leave my kids when they were young babies, i feel the need their mum too much until a certain age so if we were invited to a 'no kids wedding i would just have to not go, plus i breasfed mine and the stress of expressing enough for a whole day is just awful, plus then theres the engorgement.....!!!! id be ok to have very young babies to mine if the parents felt they couldnt leave them but everyone will feel different on this

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics