Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner May 2015

No corkage, licensed wedding venues - with accomodation?!!

LuxuriousBrownStationery51, 24 of September of 2013 at 20:55 Posted on Planning 0 1

Hi All,

Me and my fiancee are on the lookout for our wedding venue. We've looked at several places already, but nothing seems to fit the bill.

We are looking for an exclusive-use wedding venue, somewhere between London and Leicester, although for the right venue we can be more flexible.

We would like to provide a free bar, so need a venue that doesn not charge corkage or a tiny fee; it also needs to be licenced so we can have the civil ceremony there.

Early guest numbers are around 100.

One place that does seem to fit the bill is Huntsham Court, but this is located in Devon; Hedsor House in Taplow is also quite close to our needs.

If anyone can recommend any venues that may suit our requirements, I would be very grateful.

Kate

1 replies

Latest activity by sjcbride, 25 of September of 2013 at 07:29
  • jfilsell
    Beginner March 2014
    jfilsell ·
    • Hide content

What you're looking for is what we were looking for too! Where we ended up may partly suit you but not entirely. We're getting married at Kelmarsh Hall in Northamptonshire. It's licenced for weddings and they have no corkage. We're using caterers who will serve our booze (which we're buying from Calais.) for free. They have a bar which they ask you use in the evening, but it's not free - but they do put on staff for you and prices are standard midlands pub prices (plus you could put money behind the bar for your guests).

They don't have accommodation on site (though they plan to in the next couple of years) but there are tonnes of hotels and B&Bs nearby. They also have a tie up with a local B&B. One of the biggest things for us is that they're run as a charity, so the venue fee doesn't line anyone's pockets, it goes back into the upkeep of the hall.

Anyway, food for thought! We went to a LOT of venues in the midlands, and saw a lot of horrible hotels, so were ecstatic when we found Kelmarsh!

• S
    Beginner May 2014
    sjcbride ·
    • Hide content

Take a look at talton lodge in stratford upon Avon. Its a 2 part venue with the option of using the house (with accomodation in the house) or the tipis (also with accomodation but more limited amounts) or combine both. They encourage you to sort all your own alcohol so might be exactly what you're looking for. I'm not sure if it had a wedding Licence. I have a feeling they were working on it when we saw them. .

We looked round when we were sorting our venue earlier this year and it's lovely, just not for us in the end. We've actually ended up at cattows farm nr ashby de la zouch, which if you can live without accomodation (or consider camping accomodation) might also suit you. You basically get a field at the farm to do what you like with and they have been fantastic and sorted out our marquee and caterers for us (though you can use whoever you like) we're paying £3 per bottle of wine corkage and £250 to be allowed to sort our own bar, cheep as chips compared to some of the prices we saw. not licenced though but they gave us a list of local places which are.

Good lock with the hunt.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics