Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner June 2021 Northumberland

No Dancing!! How to enterain guests?

Claire, 12 of May of 2021 at 19:10 Posted on Planning 0 4

With the latest announcement of no dancing how are you planning your day?

Still having a DJ for music in background but with no dancing what else can we do?

TIA

4 replies

Latest activity by Mrsa2021, 13 of May of 2021 at 16:38
  • Stina
    Beginner May 2021 Kent
    Stina ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Smiley smile Were in the same boat as our wedding is in a few weeks. We are doing the wedding toast after the ceremony outside and have a drinks station etc there for 1,5h then to dinner, cake and after we have a pizza truck outside for a few hours. This should help break the day a bit and you can enjoy the outside (our venue is an old barn with a garden around it) plus less restrictions outside (might even be able to dance a bit social distanced?). Smiley winking

• L
    Savvy June 2021 Mid Glamorgan
    Lovestoned21 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Claire.

Our venue said that last year on one of the few weddings they did, the couple flipped the order of the day. So instead of having the sit down meal in the day, with speeches and then the evening reception and buffet, they did it the other way round. Buffet in the day (outside if it's nice, so I think this particular couple's evening buffet option was a bbq!) then to give it more of an 'event' feeling, the sit down meal was in the night. Then they ended the night by having their first dance outside followed by fireworks (the venue does a fireworks display as standard but usually around 10pm).So that's what we are going to do. I've thought about doing a bit of a table quiz and winner gets an extra drink each for the table. We also are going to book lawn games as an optional extra. And in terms of music, the DJ is there anyway, so we will still have background music. Or you could just do a Spotify playlist - which is what we wanted to do but the DJ is included in price so just using them. My fiancé pointed out that people won't be bored - it's the first event for most people since before March last year, but I'm a people pleaser haha.
    Good luck, I'm sure it will be amazing!x
  • D
    Dedicated June 2021 Hertfordshire
    Daisy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is my worry too, that people will be bored! And everyone keeps telling me I am worrying too much and that everyone will just be happy to be at an event and seeing people again!

Our wedding is just after restrictions should completely lift, but we didn't want to plan a disco only to have it not be allowed if restrictions don't lift after all, so my concern was how to entertain people in the evening - we've only got 33 guests so I also felt there wouldn't be the right numbers for a disco, especially as lots of our guests aren't into dancing anyway. We're having our meal a bit later, so it won't finish until about 8.30, and I was thinking about getting a magician who mingles about with your guests, but my fiance and parents tell me it's really not needed - all people will want are drinks, good conversation and a lovely atmosphere (we've built a playlist to be be in the background). We're cutting our cake a little while into the evening, and having sparklers a little after that so I really hope that will be enough to break up the night a bit and re-energise people!

• Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We are in 3 weeks, we are spending the evening on the beach (weather depending 😬🤞🏼) having fish & chips, will do a playlist and drinks, just super chilled

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics