Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner March 2023 Lothian & Borders

No gift registry - just asking for contributions for honeymoon

Emma, 26 of November of 2021 at 11:47 Posted on Honeymoons & Getting Married Abroad 2 7

Myself and my partner already live together, and have everything we need, so we have no interest in having a gift registry. Instead we want to ask that if they want to get us something, to make a small contribution for our honeymoon.

How would you go about doing this? I feel awkward putting bank details, or paypal information on our wedding website in case people feel they have to contribute.

Help!!

7 replies

Latest activity by Tamsin, 28 of February of 2022 at 07:34
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

We are doing the same, we have set up a bank account for this as I don't like the idea of these companies that collect for you and charge fees to you and your guests, and also in this climate you don't know if they will go bust so the money is not protected. We put this on our invites:

We have been asked about a gift list, but as we have been together for 5 years , we have already accumulated quite a life together. If you feel you would like to gift us with more than your presence, a contribution towards our honeymoon would be greatly appreciated. We have set up a bank account and we will be happy to share the details with you, please email or message us for the details. However, what we really hope for is that we get to celebrate our special day with you.

Hope that helps

• R
    Beginner June 2022 South East London
    RomanticPinkCars31715 ·
    • Hide content
    We are doing the same. I am using a gift registry website called prezola which gives you the option to accept cash. The site takes a small percentage for admin fees. My friend used it for her wedding and says she was gifted around 5k.

I hope it works out for you.

• Lisab
    Curious October 2022 Hampshire
    Lisab ·
    • Hide content
    We’re asking for honeymoon donations through Prezola as well. It doesn’t make a charge to the guests and only a very small charge to you. We’ve set up a link from our website Smiley smile. Definitely worth looking into.
  • Anonbride
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content

Jumping on this thread - really tempted to ask for honeymoon donations too as we also live together and own our house already. On Prezola does it show the other guests how much the current total is and who has gifted what? Wouldn't want people to feel like their donations are visible and everyone knows if/what they gifted...

• A
    Beginner August 2022 Monmouthshire
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi - how have you found prezola? Reviews online are putting me off!
  • Yorkshirelass
    Super July 2022 Surrey
    Yorkshirelass ·
    • Hide content
    We are asking for honeymoon donations too as have been together 6 years. We looked into a website but like Charlotte has mentioned here I didn’t like the idea of the charges so we added a PayPal link on our invites and also people may add money to a card on the day.
  • T
    Rockstar May 2022 Oxfordshire
    Tamsin ·
    • Hide content
    We booked our honeymoon through Trailfinders, and they have the option to collect donations to a honeymoon fund, with no charges at all. If people pay into the honeymoon fund before the balance is due that amount is just taken off the balance. Or if people donate after the balance is due that amount can be refunded back to you. I have no idea if other travel agents do anything like this be it could be worth asking if you’ve booked through an agent.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics