Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2012

No hire fee venues in London.

MissWebb, 27 May, 2011 at 12:41 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone!

I am planning a wedding for July next year and want to have it in north, central or the City of London. I am finding it really tough to find venues without a hire fee and wonder if anyone has any ideas? Any little gems you want to share?

I am not having a big wedding, just 50 guests or so and and pretty low maintenance, so it doesn't have to be really posh. Currently, I have got my eye on The Canonbury pub in Islington, but would love to hear of any other lovely venues for a lovely reception.

Thanks!

3 replies

Latest activity by Doris 5/10, 6 July, 2011 at 16:10
  • Random Name
    Random Name ·
    • Hide content

Hiya

Are you thinking of doing your own catering?

We are having ours at a hotel and we have a cost per head (£60) which includes a 3 course meal, drink package etc they dont add extra for room hire (its probably included in the price per head) they also have cheaper and more expensive packages

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

You're sometimes better off paying a hire fee and less per head for catering if you're having a small wedding. Many places that don't have a hire fee will insist on a minimum number.

Can't help with a venue other than to try some restaurants or a gastropub if it's just for a reception. My sister had the conservatory in a big restaurant for her reception, they didn't charge a hire fee, they gave her a very reasonable set menu and a 'minimum spend' clause - easily met once you'd added wine & coffees.

• J
    Beginner
    jbarton ·
    • Hide content

Hi MissWebb. Congratulations on you engagementSmiley smile

I think that you might find something here in London venues search engine.

Fill out the form, and click search.

Good luck to you.

Congrats again!Smiley winking

• Doris 5/10
    Beginner May 2013
    Doris 5/10 ·
    • Hide content

My friend got married at Kettner's last year. It was lovely. Not sure and prices and location........I think it may be central london. She had 36 at her wedding.

http://www.kettners.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics