Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bowski

No one is RSVPing!! - Mini update

Bowski, 10 of September of 2011 at 16:52 Posted on Planning 0 19

NO ONE!!

I'm getting a little bit stressed as currently it's just OH's parents friends and my work friends!

Please tell me to stop stressing!

19 replies

Latest activity by Allgold78, 14 of September of 2011 at 19:48
  • Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Ok, stop stressing! Breathe. Calm.........

Now when did you ask for RSVPs by??

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

When did you send them out? Can you email people/call people and remind them that you need the RSVP's?

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

They were sent out at the start of August so people have had ages! I said to RSVP by 26th of September but I didn't expect people to leave it to the last minute!!

I will start chasing. One of my uncles hasn't RSVP'd and I doubt he'll come so he's going off the list and I shall replace him, if he doesn't RSVP but turns up he can't have food and will have to go home!

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

Unfortunately people don't grasp the importance of rsvp on time.

By the time our rsvp date had arrived, about 1/3 of our guestlist still hadn't replied. We get married a week today, and I got my last rsvp a fortnight ago.

One distant relative I hadn't seen for 20 years got wind of our wedding and had a moan to my aunty that he hadn't got an invite - so we sent him one, and he hasn't even bothered to reply and decline; not a squeak. So I haven't bothered chasing the miserable git either.

• CarolineBride
    Dedicated August 2013
    CarolineBride ·
    • Hide content

Oh Bowski you poor thing.

But the wedding is (obviously, and quite rightly) on your mind ALL the time. Sadly, as excited as your guests may be on the day, it's not top of their list of priorities right now.

I would definitely jog their memories, so that you get the replies and can relax about it.

If it was me, I'd send an email or text that joked about me being a stresshead or something similar, and asking if they can help a little by letting me know.

Of course, feel free to remind me of this calm and sensible approach when I'm stressing in 2 years time!!

Caroline

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I have a reserves list of people we want to invite but numbers were preventing it. If people let me know I can invite others but they're not telling me!

I might have to hit people soon!

• kookik
    Beginner September 2012
    kookik ·
    • Hide content

This RSVP stuff worries me! I haven't even made my invites yet let alone sent them out - but we'll be doing it well in advance due to majority of people having to travel to london from abroad and across country.....

But I am very particular about this stuff and have my guest list - I have a very good idea of who will and wont come, but will still want their RSVP straight away hahhaha! I know i'll just have to try and be patient with people!

eeeek but I am dreading it!

x

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Ah no, don't worry. Your guests have got another couple of weeks left yet. In life you obviously get people like you and me who are on the ball and would RSVP early, however there is the other end of the scale where people forget or leave it til the last minute.

I would say don't chase yet. In all fairness to your guests you've given them until the 26th and so you can't be chasing asking why they haven't replied yet. Mine had to be in by the 15th August and it killed me to wait but come the 16th those who hadn't replied had it both barrels, lol. Hold out til 27th then let em have it ?

• A
    Beginner June 2011
    Anne! ·
    • Hide content

I agree with Allgold, your date is the 26th and so I would wait until that date has passed before chasing it. I personally waited a week after my RSVP date before chasing to give people a bit of grace with the post.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I don't really want to wait after the date as we're getting married 3 weeks after the date (the RSVP's are for the blessing 2 weeks after the wedding) so I'll need to be organizing the wedding rather than chasing people up. Why don't people think that we might need to know these things especially when they have a choice of food, the surely someone will need to know that.

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Maybe they just don't know yet... We always wait until we've had holiday confirmed (rather than just requesting it) and if other things were necessary (childcare or whatever) I would wait for confirmation rather than RSVPing and then working out if I could do - better waiting for a definitive RSVP (within the requested date) than having a yes then a no, or a no then a yes.

Some people's jobs and bosses can be a pain to organise.

• Vee Tee
    Beginner April 2012
    Vee Tee ·
    • Hide content

I don't see any harm in chasing them up before the date, just give them a little nudge, because in reality its been ages sine htey went out and I know what I'm like I may well have decided I am going but just forget to reply!

I would appreciate a reminder.

When I send mine out they will be getting quite a short RSVP window cos like bowski I'm going to have a reserve list.

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Because people assume that if you set a date for them to RSVP then you have worked your date out to suit your organising and allowing yourself time to do everything after that date. When I set my date i allowed a month (to suit the venue as they needed food numbers by 1 month before) plus 2 weeks extra to allow me to chase those that haven't replied. If you wanted replies sooner you really should've set your RSVP date earlier. Your guests aren't psychic!

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

No one should need to have time off everyone is local, all 9-5 mon to friday workers or retired and no kids to take care of - They have no excuse!!

I'm going to give them until the 22nd as they may decide to send the replies in my birthday cards but after that I'm chasing them up.

• Alanafx
    Beginner November 2011
    Alanafx ·
    • Hide content

I can totally see your frustration my rsvp date is this fri coming and im still waiting on a few and tbh im getting quite annoyed they have had weeks and like you the people im waiting on are all local and dont need to organise jobs or childcare so they have no excuse !! im gonna send them all a wee message reminding them the date is fri if i still dont recieve them on time then im not chasing them if they dont respond on time they have no meal simple as it was made perfectly clear on my invitations that if their rsvps werent recieved by fri we would be assuming they werent attending.

• Bowski
    Bowski ·
    • Hide content

I did a mini chase on FB with my friends, I asked if they could let me know if they were coming and what they were eating as I was stressing loads and some of out post vanishes!

I now have confirmation from most of them that they're coming and food choices so I'm happy!

I just need to chase family now but that'll be after my birthday.

• CarolineBride
    Dedicated August 2013
    CarolineBride ·
    • Hide content

Good news

Well done you

• Allgold78
    Beginner October 2011
    Allgold78 ·
    • Hide content

Fab result

You voted for . Add a comment 👇