Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

no one seems interested in my wedding but me!!!!!!!!!!

12 April, 2012 at 20:27 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hi all

just having a little rant!! getting wed next aug - but no one seems bothered about my ideas or asking anything and i barely talk about it as dont feel like i can, i get a little convo then nothing for ages !!
Just bit fed up!! :-( xx

19 replies

Latest activity by Pompey, 13 April, 2012 at 21:22
  • smazzy_smoo
    Beginner June 2014
    smazzy_smoo ·
    • Hide content

I'M BOTHERED GEMMA! ? I know what you mean though, my Mum and Dad were really interested when we first got engaged, but now they're not so bothered. OH HATES talking about the wedding so I can't say anything to him, and I don't see my friends very often so just end up looking at stuff myself, or coming on here to talk about things! Think it's just one of those things, because no one's going to be as excited as you are!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Thats why you sign up to Hitched. IRL weddings are not that exciting to everyone else. To you its the most important thing in the world. To evertone else its aggges awy.

Just talk about them on here. The other B2B's will happily indulge you with your wedding chat/ideas/rants!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Sooo true!!

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

You have nearly a year and a half to go. The normal world would have had a passing interest in your engagement, then got on with their lives, not knowing what type of wedding you wanted, not wanting to interfere, and maybe waiting for whatever invitation arrives in about a year's time. This is why Hitched exists. Rant on here. Rave on here. celebrate here. We will be interested, when the world that doens't understand that wedding planning takes more than a few weeks isn't interested Smiley smile

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content

HAHA don't worry i always think 'am i boring people with my wedding chat??!!' i'm lucky that at the moment my family are all excited and interested still (except my dad, he's bored of hearing it already oops!!) thats why its good to come on hitched!! do you have any friends that are getting married? i sometimes even bore the OH with my wedding ramble! so im trying to cut down so they don't lose interest! x

• W
    Beginner August 2012
    waggamama ·
    • Hide content

Weddings are so boring to other people, I don't even bother talking to others about it. Honestly, even other people getting married who talk to me about it, I end up glazing over.

• S
    Beginner September 2012
    sheree_heptinstall ·
    • Hide content

I know exactly what you feel like, was in exactly same position, but now it's only 4 months people seem interested, I had to grasp the fact that they have their own lives and not bothered about my wedding, it's not important to the, at the moment! The OH has only just started getting stuck in now, my Anna's been the saviour really! Youll get there, just use hitched, we're interested! WeVe all been in a very similar boat!!! Xx

• T
    Beginner July 2012
    Thursday Bride ·
    • Hide content

That's one of the reasons why I joined Hitched! I worry too about boring work colleagues with wedding chatter and only answer questions if asked now and will not start a wedding conversation.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

This is the reason I joined hitched. With 18 months to go it was too far away for my family to get remotely excited. I felt a bit fed up but fellow hitchers are more than happy to talk weddings day or night so don't worry. Look forward to seeing your plans.

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

I come on hitched just for this reason! No one else cares because its so far away and i can tell people are bored if i talk too much about it. Going back to the real world after being on hitched is quite sad because my wedding isnt the most important thing in the world anymore ☹️

• K
    Beginner August 2014
    Kamara1 ·
    • Hide content

Same with me,my wedding isn't till August 2014! I'm bubbling with excitement and its on my mind 24/7! All I want to do is talk about it even though it's just over two years away! I honestly feel like I'm boring people with wedding talk and that they probably think I'm crazy as its so far away!! It's just lovely to come on here and chat to other excited brides who understand Smiley smile xx

• L
    Beginner June 2013
    lydeep ·
    • Hide content

I know what you mean. None of my friends are engaged and sometimes when I talk about the wedding I can see them roll their eyes!!! My OH's sister is getting married the year after us and I sometimes think the in laws are more interested in her wedding! I am also upset with my friend who I was BM for last year who hasn't ever asked about my wedding!

Talk to us hitchers, it makes such a difference when you have people (albeit virtual) who are all going through the wedding planning process, I find fellow B2B understand the stresses and dilemmas a lot more!!! xx

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Only just seen this thread and I have to agree with Smazzy. We all care because we're in the same boat and when I had over a year to go people didnt give a toss. Once it gets closer people will be really interested and drive you mad by saying 'not long now is it?'.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics