Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious October 2023 Bristol

No outside space at venue...

Clare, 29 of June of 2022 at 03:39 Posted on Planning 0 3
Wanting people's thoughts on photos.

I like a venue (Harbour Hotel Bristol) but this has no outside space, at all. Is anyone else getting married in a venue that has no outside space and how do you feel about not having the usual in the grounds/greenery shots? Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by PhotographybyBillHaddon, 29 of June of 2022 at 11:30
  • Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

Our reception hotel doesn't have any outside space, it's got a car park and that's about it. I was a bit torn at first but my FH and I are going to go to a park close by along with our photographer to get some photos of us in between the church ceremony and the reception and then the rest of the photos of family/friends will either be outside the church or in the hotel. I prefer natural shots of the guests anyway as opposed to staged but I think it'll be nice to have some time with my new husband whilst we're getting our photos done! x

• Richard
    Dedicated May 2022 Berkshire
    Richard ·
    • Hide content
    You should have some beautiful shots of the harbour to use so I wouldn't worry about there being nothing in the hotel itself.

We got married in Birmingham city centre with no outdoor space, but had group shots in a nearby park and couple pics at landmarks in the city.

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon Online ·
    • Hide content

If you have any groups to do then use the front of the hotel steps, then just the two of you could head to Castle park for some shots. Then embrace the fantastic interior for other dramatic shots.

Maybe choose a photographer who has shot there before and knows a few "tricks"

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics