Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Curious October 2022 Warwickshire

No Response From Venue Enquiries

Rebecca, 12 of April of 2021 at 11:43 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I are looking at having a tiny wedding of less than 20 people within the next 12 months. I have found a number of venues that advertise for normal size weddings and intimate weddings, so have sent out some enquiries and have found that a week since I sent them out, most places have not replied (4 out of 6 haven’t) and the ones that have replied haven’t shown much interest in booking a tour at any point in the future.
I know we are living in strange times at the moment, so how much of this do you think is acceptable because of furlough etc, and how much of it is venues not wanting our business because it’s too small? I don’t know whether to start calling them now or whether that would make me look like a bridezilla!!
Anyone else having trouble getting replies at the moment? Or any tips for getting replies?
Thanks xx

5 replies

Latest activity by Ben, 7 of May of 2021 at 12:55
  • A
    Dedicated July 2022 Co Londonderry
    Ali312 ·
    • Hide content
    I'd probably wait another week or so before following up. I'd generally write an email again, or you could phone if you don't mind talking to them. If they don't seem interested at all when they reply I'd probably avoid them, because they may not be that pleasant to deal with come your wedding. Even if most people are on furlough a few won't be, so they should reply eventually. Good luck!
  • F
    Curious October 2021 Essex
    Frances ·
    • Hide content
    I found wedding venues aren’t interested in small weddings. The one I’ve booked said we would book for normal size then they could adjust depending on government needs & refund us, so it’s flexible! It’s not as small as you would like but it’s still small.

With regard to viewing venues I don’t think this will happen for quite some months yet - maybe look on YouTube and see if anyone has taken videos of the venue or are there videos on their website? Venues just want bookings at the moment to keep afloat! Maybe give it until next week then call them but I agree if they’re not receptive now then it’ll be difficult down the line! Good luck!
  • R
    Beginner August 2022 Herefordshire
    Rachel ·
    • Hide content
    Just wanted to say I feel your pain! I found a lot of venues on wedding listings say they accommodate small weddings but then when you contact them, they seem less than enthusiastic....I'm having a small wedding (17 people) and have found some lovely venues who have really made me feel like they will go out of their way to make the day special (the small country houses/hotels I found the most accomodating) ...if they don't come back to you, I wouldn't follow up unless I REALLY liked the venue as it wouldn't fill me with confidence if they can't respond to the initial email. Keep looking, there are lots of small wedding venues out there who will love to help you. I have gone on a few venue visits recently as they are all starting to open up again!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It might be worth thinking outside the box and contacting local restaurants, pubs or tourist venues who offer catering but don't advertise as 'wedding venues'. We found 'wedding venues' for small weddings were either very expensive (same price for 30 as for 100) or we were expected to 'fit in' around other events on the same day. We ended up choosing between three different country pubs, which all had private dining rooms and amazing food.

• R
    Curious October 2022 Warwickshire
    Rebecca ·
    • Hide content
    Thank you all for your help! It’s really hard when you start to get an idea of the type of wedding you’d like but find that venues aren’t as receptive to it as you’d hoped.

I’m going to start chasing up and making phone calls tomorrow - hopefully things will get moving in the right direction Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics