Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner May 2023 Cornwall

No seating plan?

Sarah, 5 of August of 2021 at 14:38 Posted on Planning 0 6
Had anyone successfully managed their wedding breakfast with no seating plan? I want to have long communal tables as we are having an afternoon tea served, and trying to keep the whole day as informal as possible but all the wedding planning videos say a plan is essential.

6 replies

Latest activity by SunnyPinkBridesmaid82648, 8 of August of 2021 at 19:37
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    My cousin and his wife did this and it worked really well, it was a few years ago but I’m pretty sure they had a message saying to sit anywhere.

They did have a top table for them, parents and wedding party.
    As long as it’s clear for people to sit where they want I’m sure it will be great!
  • S
    Beginner May 2023 Cornwall
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Sarah, that’s a good point - its a rustic barn wedding so I could have a nice wooden sign made
  • H
    Savvy
    HappyBrownCars12359 ·
    • Hide content

Yup we've been to one with no seating plan, but it was all picnic benches so that helped that relaxed style, but people quickly got to sit anywhere :-)

• S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

We are planning exactly the same too! We are planning a sign to say to sit where ever the feel most comfortable, not having a top table either. We just want a very relaxed party atmosphere with afternoon tea x

• R
    Savvy May 2022 South West London
    Rosie ·
    • Hide content

I think the answer is that it can work well in different scenarios. Both weddings I went to where they did it were buffet dinners and it worked well to an extent.

This may not apply, however the only thing I would be conscious of was if you are having your tea served to guests, it'll be important to flag anyone with dietary issues to the caterers or vice versa. I think this is typically why seating plans are helpful when you have anything sitting down because otherwise it can be chaotic.

• SunnyPinkBridesmaid82648
    Beginner August 2022 Worcestershire
    SunnyPinkBridesmaid82648 ·
    • Hide content
    No seating plan? 1
    I love the idea, I'm going to do something like this for my wedding. Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics