Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hayley
Rockstar September 2022 Norfolk

No seating plan

Hayley, 4 of October of 2021 at 06:26 Posted on Planning 0 4
Hello all. I feel like I posted something similar before but can't remember and can't find it. Is there a way to filter for your own discussions?

Anyway, we don't plan on having a seating plan, apart from a sweetheart table for us two. We're going to have trestle tables. We have about 45 for the day and 100 for the evening. I just wondered how many tables and chairs you would advise we have? I've read that you should have more if no seating plan? Also still worried about the evening guests having space to sit. We are diying our wedding so the tables will be in a marquee. We hope to have a bell tent (seats 8) and outside area (seats 32) with straw bale seating. However, the outdoor bit will be weather dependant. Thanks.

4 replies

Latest activity by Hayley, 4 of October of 2021 at 12:48
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

You did post as I remember commenting! If you go on your profile in top right ( photo Icon)m then go to my wall, my discussions it will bring up all your posts. In terms of seating, for the day you need enough tables and chairs to seat everyone and then in the evening they normally take some tables away but leave chairs. to be honest you can speak to the venue and have them help you decide, as not everyone will be sat down all evening so probably need about 65% of your numbers

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte. Sorry, not at all a worrier haha. We don't have a normal venue so I guess that's why I'm struggling. We're diying the wedding on a piece of land/farmyard my parents own. I'm thinking then 10 tables so enough for 60. Plus our sweetheart table so that would be enough for 62 with us. That's close to the 65% for the evening. I had wondered about having maybe 20 extra chairs as I feel people could pull up more around the table if needed later on as no formal sit down meal then so would just be for drinks and chatting.
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, don't worry, that is what this site is for! I think you have nailed it! for the day set the 10 tables for your guests and then keep the tables for the evening, maybe move them to the edges, and get some extra seating, as you are on land you can have more and if it makes you feel better, have a seat for everyone, as it seems you have the space! There is no right or wrong, just do what you are comfortable with X

• Hayley
    Hayley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great, thank you Charlotte. I love a plan haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics