Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner September 2018

No seating plan!?

HappyPurpleFlowers941, 24 of August of 2017 at 16:08 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi Everyone

Me and my other half are going for 2 or 3 long tables (barn style) and decided not to have a seating plan. Has anyone else done something similar that is willing to offer advice on how this worked out on the day?

Thanks
Leah

2 replies

Latest activity by katiepoppycat, 27 of August of 2017 at 19:01
  • H
    Rockstar June 2020
    HappyBlueCars582 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like a great idea! Nothing worse than sitting next to people you don't know and having to make small talk. At least this way people can sit next to who they want to sit next to.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds like it should be okay, I would recommend having reserved seats for the bridal party or anyone who has to sit somewhere in particular, and having ushers ensure people are filling seats from the end so that you don't end up with odd gaps where groups have to spilt up to fill them (kinda like when people get in a bus in a group and there aren't seats together)

• K
    Beginner August 2017
    katiepoppycat ·
    • Hide content

We had no seating plan. Sweetheart table for us, family tables for my family and his family, then everyone else sorted themselves out. We deliberately had about 20 more seats than invited guests so they had plenty of choice. Ended up with one empty table and the guests all seated themselves with no fuss.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics