Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner September 2024 Bedfordshire

No sit down meal!

Kelly, 17 of March of 2024 at 00:51 Posted on Planning 0 2
Hi, I'm really struggling organising our wedding. I don't want the normal sit down meal, speeches etc. I would prefer a small ceremony late afternoon and then roll straight into the reception but I don't know how to time everything. Has anyone got similar plans?

2 replies

Latest activity by Ivana, 23 of March of 2024 at 22:34
  • Hampshire Wedding Photographer
    Hampshire
    Hampshire Wedding Photographer ·
    • Hide content

Hello Kelly, there's no rule book to a wedding, you do you but I would make your guests aware, incase they expect it. I know food is expensive at weddings, but you need to make sure that your guests are comfortable. I've photographed some weddings where it's gone straight from ceremony to reception, then towards the end of the night they've provided food later in the evening - like fish and chips truck, taco truck, or even hired 20+ dominos pizzas, the list goes on.

• I
    Dedicated August 2024 East London
    Ivana ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Normally your ceremony is about 30 mins, afterwards you have your portrait and family photos taken which depends on how many people you have present during the ceremony. If you have your ceremony in the same venue as your reception you can try and take all the photos in an hour and then start your reception. If you aren't doing the typical/traditional reception it can last as long as you want. Alternatives for seated meal options are buffet, bbq, food trucks, or you can have canapes only but would need to have a lot of it.

Try and think about what you want to have and what you don't want and go from there. Your wedding day can be whatever you want it to be.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics