Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Victoria
Beginner August 2024 Tyne & Wear

No sit down meal late wedding

Victoria, 28 of January of 2023 at 19:36 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 1 5
We are getting married at 3pm at registry office 35 people are invited to that.we then have venue booked from 4 pm. Our Evening reception starts at 6pm where there will be 104 guests.i am serving buffet on the night time with disco but what do I do for the 35 guests I have to entertain food wise until evening buffet. Don't want a sit down meal as we are trying to keep costs down.so do I just serve canapes between 4.30 - 6pm when evening buffet is served I was thinking about 7.30 ish for food as I will have children there.

5 replies

Latest activity by Kirsty, 31 of January of 2023 at 11:18
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest sending your guests the timings of the day in advance so they know there will only be canapés and that the evening meal will be at 7.30. That way they can sort themselves a bigger lunch before the ceremony.

• K
    Beginner March 2024 West Midlands
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

We are doing this! We plan on serving afternoon tea (1 sandwich, cake and scone vibe) to 'see them through' until the main buffet

• Ajx
    Dedicated April 2024 West Yorkshire
    Ajx ·
    • Hide content

My uncle got married at 3pm and did the same as you, he didn't mention what was happening with food etc but we knew there was going to be a buffet at the night do. I just simply had some dinner before the registry office. 3pm is way past lunch time so I bet everyone will have had lunch anyway x

• A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Just want to echo this and say it's really crucial to let your guests know if they won't be getting a full meal. If I wasn't aware I'd probably only eat a light lunch as lunchtime isn't normally my main meal. I'd have no problem eating a big lunch if needs be, but I'd need the heads up to do so.

• K
    Dedicated June 2023 Essex
    Kirsty ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think Chloe is spot on here. Without letting your guests know the plan and timings, I think most people would assume there is a big sit down meal as that is standard and therefore may not have much for lunch.

If you let people know the plan, they can ensure they have a good lunch so they aren't hungry.

For example, I am going to my friends wedding in April. She is having a 2pm Ceremony, followed by a reception at a micro brewery at 6pm, which will have a light buffet. She told us this in the invitation and mentioned on the invite that they recommend guests have lunch before the ceremony as there is only a light buffet at the reception. So we have just built this into our plans for the day.

Hope that helps Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics