Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner September 2014

No speeches, just toasts?

Sept14, 7 of April of 2014 at 13:22 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi

From the start both my OH and Dad said they weren't comfrotable with making a speech, which is fine with me as I'd hate to do it too and don't want it to spoil their day. My mum suggested that we still have toasts, which is good for me as I'm a bubbly fan ?

I'm just trying to work out how we'd actually do this. I thought it would be nice for OH and myself to stand up to thank the guests for coming (planning on doing thank you gifts before wedding). It would then be odd to toast ourselves.

Just wondered if anyone else has done this/planning on doing this and how it worked?

Thanks ?

5 replies

Latest activity by miss_winter14, 7 of April of 2014 at 23:24
  • Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

We're not having speeches either ?

If you're having a sit down meal, venues (or toastmaster if you have one) will quite often announce the bride and grooms entrance into the room and guests are asked to stand to welcome them.

You could do it immediately after this? So just after everyone sits down, you &/or your OH could remain standing and say your thanks, raise a toast?

That would flow nicely I think. ?

• ATB
    Beginner August 2014
    ATB ·
    • Hide content

We aren't having speeches. I just plan to go round everyone and thank them for coming!

• BubblesKM
    Beginner October 2014
    BubblesKM ·
    • Hide content

We aren't really having speeches as everybody dreads making them! I want to thank my bridesmaids and give them their gifts is I will do that. Other than that, a simple toast is all I want really xx

• S
    Beginner September 2014
    Sept14 ·
    • Hide content

Bubbles, who will do the toast at yours and who to? We can't really toast us, can we?

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

My Dad doesn't want to give a speech either and is just going to toast us, my brother & OH are giving a small speech.

Maybe you and OH could thank everyone etc and yoiur OH could toast you or something? And your dad toast the both of you?

• miss_winter14
    Beginner February 2014
    miss_winter14 ·
    • Hide content

Ladies and gentlemen would you please raise your glasses and join us in toasting.......

a beautiful day?

family?

love?

our marriage? <that way it is a toast to you both, but it doesn't sound as self absorbed as 'to us! toast us! we deserve your love and attention' lol>

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics