Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

G
Beginner April 2014

Non cheesy wedding DJ in Yorkshire

Gezzabelbride, 19 of September of 2013 at 18:15 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a DJ for our wedding in April however we don't want the traditional wedding DJ because we both have very similar taste in music and would like to reflect that at the reception. Therefore we'd be looking for them to play dance music such as 90s house music, abit of 'cool 80s' and I suppose there's no harm in some chart stuff. However we definitely don't want any cheese e.g. Abba, YMCA etc!!!

Can anyone recommend any good DJs in this area who might be open to this?

Thanks,
G x

3 replies

Latest activity by Wedding DJ, 21 of September of 2013 at 01:28
  • Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

Professional wedding DJs.... the ones that do it for a living.....don't tend to be cheesy. The ones I know (including myself) call themselves wedding DJs because they have massive experience of doing them....not because they play wedding music. You'll find we are more in tune with listening to the bride and groom and accommodating their remit. Most wedding DJs will have a meeting with you. One of my questions is how do you feel about cheese/action songs. I can't remember the last time I played YMCA.

You are more likely to get a good dollop of cheese from a party DJ who isn't experienced enough in weddings to know that they need to stick to a brides remit, rather than a wedding DJ who understands the importance of personalising the evening specifically to your requirements.

Here's one you might like to try.... he's also a member of the Wedding DJ Alliance so has been checked, plus I know him well and he definitely isn't a cheesy DJ http://www.colincook.co.uk

• L
    Beginner December 2012
    LEN11212 ·
    • Hide content

We used a guy called Harvey Westwood and we were very happy with him.

• Wedding DJ
    Wedding DJ ·
    • Hide content

You can find a selection of good Wedding DJs here - https://www.nadj.org.uk/find-a-djcategory/North-Yorkshire/ - hope this helps.

Just make sure your DJ knows that you do not want any cheese played - ask if they supply you with a 'do not play list' to fill in.

Of course 60% of your guests may love a bit of cheese but if your not worried about them - don't have any.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics