Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2017

Non Exclusive venue worries

MrsCrockett2Be, 27 of September of 2015 at 17:27 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hello

i wondered if anyone has experience of getting married at a non exclusive venue with 2 weddings on one day?

Weve been to see Fanhams Hall Hotel in Ware which is beautiful but the wedding coordinator said it's very likely 2 weddings will be taking place if we go with a Saturday in July/August as planned.

im worried about bumping in to another bride on the day! Has anyone else got married at a non exclusive venue with 2 weddings and how was it?

Thank you!

Laura x

9 replies

Latest activity by Mrslh2b, 28 of September of 2015 at 10:07
  • Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

We met our wedding coordinator yesterday, there were 2 weddings on then, 2 day before and another today. It didn't even occur to me that it would be a problem, why would it be an issue bumping into another bride ? Think it would be quite nice actually

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    MrsCrockett2Be ·
    • Hide content

I guess you spend all this time thinking of it as your special day and the thought of being in the bridal suite with another bride next door makes it not seem quite a special.

But that's why I wanted to post for other people's opinions because maybe I'm being silly.

Which venue are you going for runnergirl?

• KinkyBride
    Beginner March 2016
    KinkyBride ·
    • Hide content

I agree with runnergirl and wouldn't have an issue with it myself. At my 1st wedding there were other people milling about in the grounds but they kept a respectful distance so it didn't bother me.

We don't have exclusive use this time round, are eating in the main restaurant and will be in the main bar in the evening so although it's a Friday chances are we'll see other people there or maybe even another wedding but that's not a problem for us. I'd gladly share a toast with them and congratulate them on their excellent taste in wedding date and venue haha Smiley smile

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

I think we probably overthink things leading up to big day. Reckon it would be kinda nice to bump into another bride and share a bit of ' how's your day been' thing. Our venue has two separate areas so doubt it'll happen but won't be too fussed if it does.

Sure there will much more to stress about nearer the time!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

You need to speak to a couple who have married at your venue. I have photographed quite a few weddings at hotels that do two a day. Some venues deal with it perfectly - they have two kitchens, two sets of staff, different garden areas. There's a hotel near Leeds (Bridge at Wetherby) where you wouldn't even know there was another wedding going on.

There are other venues where I have had to "stake my claim" on the area of grounds I wanted for the photos! I can recall another where there is only one garden area for two weddings to share!

If your venue can do it well then go ahead and book... but the only way you will know is to ask your photographer and ask other couples who married there.

• B
    Beginner October 2015
    BridgetJonesNoLonger ·
    • Hide content

I agree with you MrsCto be. I'm not sure how I would feel about being 1 of 2 brides at a venue. I'm all for us brides supporting one another & I love this site for that reason but I understand your concerns. Would people compare us & our dresses? Would the photographer have to dodge the other party to avoid them being in the background of the photos all the time? Would it feel like a conveyer belt? My venue isn't exclusive either but it's big enough for this not to be a problem & it helps that we are having the ceremony there too. Paula's suggestion is good, see how the venue handle two weddings & if you're not happy try another venue.

Xx

• M
    Beginner July 2017
    MrsCrockett2Be ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone.

Any photographers or brides with experience of Fanhams Hall in Hertfordshire, please feel free to comment Smiley smile

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Our venue is non exclusive but they are so good at what they do you don't see the other bridal party during the day. Each room has its own set of toilets. Its own part of the grounds. A separate kitchen and its own staff.

But even if I did run into the other bride on the wedding day I would not be upset in the slightest, I truly think it would be amazing to see another bride Smiley smile

• artisanwedding.co.uk
    artisanwedding.co.uk ·
    • Hide content

Fanhams hall is GORGEOUS! you won't be dissapointed and frankly, it's big enough that having two weddings on at the same time shouldn't be a problem.

HOWEVER...

Problems I've personally experienced with two weddings at one venue:

1.) If the guests from both weddings all arrive at a similar time, it can be confusing, especially for us, trying to capture your guests arriving, as we have no idea who is who!

2.) If you have a quiet spot in your section, but the other party doesn't, you might find older guests migrating into your area. There is one venue in Essex that's particularly bad for this. Personally it wouldn't bother me, but it does some.

3.) You just don't know what sort of people will be next door. On the whole, We've not had any major problems, howvere there was one particularly wedding I remember where the guests at next doors wedding were... Well, just not nice. To be honest, this is the worst case scenario for venue sharing.

4.) Cultural differences. I attended a wedding at one particular venue where there was a Hindu ceremony next door. During the ceremony they played music the whole way through, which was pretty noticeable during our civil ceremony. The Bride Groom and guests all took it in good spirits, but I know some wouldn't

Pete xxx

• Mrslh2b
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrslh2b ·
    • Hide content

I’ve been a guest at a wedding where there was a big Indian wedding in the room next door, it was only later in the day when we were outside the function room in the bar area that we could hear music coming from the other room which made us notice there was another wedding on – before this we hadn’t even noticed! The bar area was shared between the two weddings however they must have staggered the turn around timings of the rooms so that both sets of guests weren’t in the bar at the same time. I think if it’s a concern it might be worth having a meeting with your coordinator and asking him / her what sort of things they put in place to avoid the two weddings mixing (for want of a better word) in communal areas etc – I’m sure you probably won’t even notice it on the day, but I totally understand where your coming from as I don’t think I’d be too happy at the thought of it either…

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics