Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katianne
Beginner February 2014

Non matching bridesmaids...LOVE!

Katianne, 3 of January of 2013 at 11:04 Posted on Planning 0 19

I have a total of 6 bridesmaids and would prefer not to have them all in the same dress / colour. I have just been having a quick look online to see if anyone else has done this and how it looks. I personally LOVE it...

Has anyone else done or seen this?

19 replies

Latest activity by Katianne, 3 of January of 2013 at 17:38
  • *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted to - they would all have worn black dresses but different styles.

But then I decided to only have two BM's and I think it loses impact with such a low number ☹️

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

I was up for it but they all chose the same dress in the end!

we did have them all altered differently, one had strapless, one straps, one halterneck.

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing this with my sisters; they are very different body shapes / colouring and I want them to both wear yellow, but pick a shade / style which suits them.

Same thing with the fellas and their blue suits! I think they're getting more excited about buying their suits than I am about my dress! ?

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

I wanted to do this too but I agree it might lose impact as I only have two as well. Personally I love the one on the right, different shades of similar colours look lovely.

• MrsA2B2014
    Beginner September 2014
    MrsA2B2014 ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing the same. It will probably be the same dress but in different shades of pinks, greens and creams. Our theme seems to be antique rose and I have a vision of all my BM's looking like a lovely bunch of flowers

• Rosco298
    Beginner February 2014
    Rosco298 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 3 but they are so different one is 6ft size 14 one is 5ft 6 and a size 6 and the other is about 5ft 4 and size 12 but a very different shape to the others so I've chosen the colour and they can have any style of dress they like so they will match but all be very comfortable and happy on the day (fingers crossed!)

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

I am having 4 bridesmaids and my colour scheme is pinks, purples and blues so all my bridesmaids are going to have a different colour. Though going to try and get them similar style dresses so they look like bridesmaids and not just guests!

• angelicdevil69
    Beginner November 2013
    angelicdevil69 ·
    • Hide content

I would have loved to do this! But only having 2 BM's and a FG so the effect would be a bit lost I think

• Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon
    Wedding Photography By Bill Haddon ·
    • Hide content

I love the idea, here is one I photographed a few years back, you will also see that each sash colour is taken from another dress, and also the corsage

• Kylie541
    Beginner February 2013
    Kylie541 ·
    • Hide content

I have 7 bridesmaids/flowergirls and 4 different dresses!

• *button*
    Beginner August 2012
    *button* ·
    • Hide content

I love this but only if the dresses are the same or similar styles otherwise to me they just look like guests in nice dresses rather than bridesmaids. I only had 2 so they had the exact same dress but would have loved to have done it.

• A
    Beginner
    AJBsoon2bMRS ·
    • Hide content

Hello

I love these photos they show a lovely collection of bridesmaids all individual!

However if they aren't standing together with the bride then they may just look like guest? but is this important to you?

i think if you choose different dresses but in the same fabric that will work

x x

• Katherine Courtney Weddings
    Katherine Courtney Weddings ·
    • Hide content

I didn't have my bridesmaids in the same matchy-match dresses. Every woman has such a unique shape why would you stick them all in the same dress that may be unflattering? Instead I picked a colour and then asked them all to buy a dress that they love and would wear again within that colour range. They loved it and I love how their individual style shone through on our wedding day. They felt comfortable and looked beautiful at the same time.

• M
    Beginner October 2014
    Megsykins ·
    • Hide content

When I was a bridesmaid recently we ended up with 4 different dresses for 5 bridesmaids. It wasn't on purpose, we were all meant to match originally, but MOH had a diff one as she wanted a longer dress and when it arrives it was a different material too; one little BM was overseas so had a dress made to match/co-ordinate but the colour was a bit different to the sample she'd been sent; and one BM had dropped out (it was an OS wedding) and decided to come at last min so had to just pick up a dress from Monsoon. However I think it looked really good! We were all in shades of blue/turquoise but different lengths / straps too. We all had silver shoes but different, and various matching/coordinating hair bits and accessories too.

Tried to flash but comp won't let me...

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

I LOVE it and those pictures you used as examples are beautiful. Go for it!

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I love this but as I only have 2 bridesmaids I'm not sure it'd work for me :-(

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

I love this but as I only have 2 bridesmaids I'm not sure it'd work for me :-(

• <3FutureMrsN<3
    Beginner March 2016
    <3FutureMrsN<3 ·
    • Hide content

I'm having 4 BMs and the different shapes and sizes so as long as same colour and material they're choosing their own dresses

• Katianne
    Beginner February 2014
    Katianne ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! I'm not quiet sure what to go for at the moment - the same dress but different colours (The colours in picture one are the colours I'm thinking of having, so I think this would work really well, 2 of each colour) or have the same colour but different dresses. I think I will talk it through with my BMs and see what they think. I seem to be thinking about this more than I am my dress hehe! I just LOVE colour so find this part really exciting.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics