Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner August 2014

non matching suits

jo-jo1983, 17 of November of 2013 at 22:49 Posted on Planning 0 10

Have seen lovely suits in next which are the colour i have always wanted. price is good too.

problem is we have 2 best men and the 2 dads which need suits. 3 are ok to go into the next suits but one dad is too large to get a next suit they dont do his size.

I am no thinking of putting groom and 2 best men into the suits in next which are called bright blue in colour. (think royal blue) and then putting the 2 dads in navy suits?

All men will wear the same ties and button holes.

Do you think this will look wrong? Bear in mind that the dads and all the boys will not be in a picture all together.

10 replies

Latest activity by rach_S_, 18 of November of 2013 at 19:30
  • S
    Beginner March 2014
    SunnyOrangeDiamonds64 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jo-Jo

I have my htb in one colour,Grey my son (who is giving me away! in another) then our dads and best man in black, but all have same waistocats and ties and it looks fine, tbh I just want them there and comfortable, but then I think I am the worlds most laid back bride!!

Hope that helps, xxxx

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

My OH will be in one suit. His best man & usher will wear another style of suit & out dads will wear whatever dark suit they want but with matching ties.

My friend's husband wore a different suit to all his groomsmen and the dads wore their own suits too.

• Penny P
    Beginner March 2014
    Penny P ·
    • Hide content

My Dad, ushers and best man are all wearing their own suits so they won't match, they will all be wearing the same colour blue tie though. We don't mind that they won't match, our wedding is quite relaxed anyway :-)

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

We are only buying OH a new suit and the best men and dads will wear their own suits. We can't afford to buy suits for everyone and we don't really care if they don't match as our wedding is very relaxed.

• J
    Beginner August 2014
    jo-jo1983 ·
    • Hide content

Phew thanks for the replies everyone.

It helps alot..I think im worried about what other people think more than what I want. Then again hopefully only marry once so dont want any regrets when look back at pics.

All will be on same tone so will run with different suits. Our wedding is quirky and non traditional so that should work.

Thanks again for settling my head.

• S
    Beginner October 2014
    Soontobe.MrsM ·
    • Hide content

I think it will look great actually!

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Non of our menfolk matched. I can't say it affected the wedding in anyway. I don't like traditional wedding suits anyway, I would go for different colours, why not be different?!

• Mrs Bass
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs Bass ·
    • Hide content

None of our menfolk matched either.

They all had purple ties or no ties but not matching.

They all looked ok they!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

I think that will look fine ;-)

We are asking our grooms party to just wear their own suit as long as it is grey and then we are providing them with bowties, pocket squares and braces so they will all kind of match.

• R
    Beginner November 2014
    rach_S_ ·
    • Hide content

They will look great!

We went to a wedding last year and all the boys wore a dark suit, the only thing that matched were the ties and socks. They looked so smart and relaxed... infact we are going to do the same.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics