Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsMeldrew
Beginner October 2012

Non matching wedding rings??

MrsMeldrew, 22 January, 2012 at 11:52 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi everyone!

H2B is adamant he wants a platinum ring (argument being he will wear this for ever and I'll only be wearing an expensive dress for one day -he's got me there) but my ER is 9ct gold so I would need a 9ct WR to avoid wearing down. He says i should get a better ring but I really don't want to stop wearing my ER for this. Is it going to look crap on pics etc with them being so mismatched? What would you do?

Gemma x

14 replies

Latest activity by Celtic B, 23 January, 2012 at 10:39
  • I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

No, of course not. a ring is a ring. I know very few couple who have matching rings. We won't be matching. Mine is a composite of gold and palladium as its been made from my old engagement ring, so it doesn't even really match my new engagement ring which is in palladium only. D wants titanium or something else similar as he has a job that means it would be scuffed and scratched quickly.

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

Not at all, to match for the sake of pictures isn't worth it, it's more important that you both have rings you will wear forever.

His reasoning for a platinum ring seems a little petty though, he wants an expensive one just because you are having an expensive dress?!

• becomingmrsevans
    Beginner August 2012
    becomingmrsevans ·
    • Hide content

Personally I don't think they have to match - OH is going to have a tungsten ring (he didn't want a shiny ring), my ER is platinum but WR is palladium - when trying them on together you can't tell that they are different materials. Decided on palladium as for the same ring is was a lot cheaper and more within our budget unlike the £800 platinum ring I was originally looking at!

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Quite the opposite, my thoughts are in regards to me changing my ring not him changing his mind.

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

Ours don't match. Mine is white gold with diamonds and his is Palladium with grooves in it which is the one he liked.

I didn't think for one second it would look crap in my photo's I don't think anyone would expect them to be the same especially as there is now so much choice out there for men.

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Thanks, I didn't think it would matter but such little things enter your head when doing the planning! He just said about the expensive dress when I said platinum was a bit pricey! I think I'm just picking at detail now! ?

• hopefulmum2b
    Beginner August 2012
    hopefulmum2b ·
    • Hide content

My ring is going to be polished 18ct white gold and h2b wants titanium matt looking ring so will be completely different xx

i dont think it really matters as long as you both like your rings...your the one wearing them

x

• MrsMeldrew
    Beginner October 2012
    MrsMeldrew ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Amy! I knew I was going OTT but couldn't help it! I never thought I'd become bridezilla lol!

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Given relative sizes of fingers my ring is going to look like a child's ring next to OH's! It could pretty well fit inside his. Mine's about 2mm size k and his is 6mm size U! I'd prefer the rings to look right on our fingers than in the arty photos before the wedding - so we're not having the arty photos!

• lurvlytwink
    Beginner June 2012
    lurvlytwink ·
    • Hide content

Mine is white gold with diamonds...his is a plain white gold one. he might look a little prissy if he had the same as mine & i tried on plain white gold bands to match his and it didnt sit right with my engagement ring so out the window went the matching wedding ring idea Smiley smile

• looneysh
    Beginner May 2012
    looneysh ·
    • Hide content

Our rings don't match either. I'm have Palladium and my OH has 9ct yellow gold ring.

I wouldn't worry about pictures, I think they actually look good together. So I wouldn't worry about changing your ring either.

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

Mine wont match OH s either. He is looking at Palladium (mainly for the lightness of it) and mine will be White gold. I think as long as they look good on your hand then the photos will look fab. And it just shows you guys as individuals who have joined together to make a fab team rather than having to be matching all the way if it doent suit you!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics