Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

pandorasbox
Beginner August 2012

Non-edible favours ideas please

pandorasbox, 15 July, 2012 at 12:12 Posted on Planning 0 14

OH has decided we could do with having favours, but wants to think of something quirky and unique. We have literally no budget left so also needs to be cheap! Any ideas welcome please!

14 replies

Latest activity by *gnashers*, 16 July, 2012 at 10:37
  • Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

What are your colours/theme? I have seen at weddings an apple with a vintage style luggage tag tied on with the name written on. That look quirky. ETA sorry just realised that's edible.. How about miniture photo frames with the place name written inside?

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Sabriel ·
    • Hide content

My friend had mini lovespoons, her oh is Welsh, and they live here now, is there some link like that you could use? We are having a literary theme, so will probs have bookmarks, but my previous idea was flower seeds. You can get little packets printed with your wedding details, I think I saw some for about 75p each. Can have a look if you like x

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

We are having sunflowers, royal blue and silvers...theme is really just summer/sunflowers if anything. I thought of sunflower seed packs but OH doesn't like that idea. We thought of charity pin and donations, but takes too long for delivery, little keyrings/frames/bottle openers and so on are too expensive. In fact, all non edible stuff I am finding seems to be quite dear!

Now thinking maybe mints. Everyone likes to have fresh breath after dinner, they're not too rich or sweet like chocolates, and if we could stretch to personalised tins the sentimental types could keep them. If not then it's literally a few pounds for bags on ebay.

Is that idea just really naff though?

• S
    Beginner August 2013
    Sabriel ·
    • Hide content

How many bags would you need? Ive changed my colours, and have royal blue bags here.

Traditionally it was 5 sugared almonds, don't think it's naff.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Lottery scratchcard? £1 person and not edible.

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

II'm making wine glass charms, coting ess thaa tenner

• S
    Beginner December 2013
    sugarloaf ·
    • Hide content

Photo bookmarks- print a photo of yourselves, something to do with the wedding, that kind of thing, on a colour printer, get it laminated, maybe hole punch it and put some ribbon through. Possibly also doubles up as place settings

Wine glass charms like so: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Mixed-Acrylic-Crystal-Wine-Glass-Charms-Gifts-/110913132335?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item19d2f0172f

Seeds (herbs, flowers, vegetables) to grow?

A family or personal recipe or something like that to share with people?

If you're crafty, maybe handmade soap or bath bombs or something like that

Perhaps an IOU print of them from the wedding (if you can arrange it with your photographer, and depending on how much prints are)

Cheap lottery tickets

Just read this on another forum: "Or another idea I had but not sure how good it is is a raffle. Everyone gets a raffle ticket instead of a favour and the prize is a weekend away or something which would cost around the same as your favours would. At least that way 1 person gets something REALLY good and the rest of your guests won't miss a little favour."

A wedding I went to had those little badges for charity, think they were 2 quid each

Some people just donate a sum to charity in lieu of favours

Hope this helps!

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Or a scratch card instead of a ticket? Maybe someone will get lucky. Most people like a flutter! I really like the idea of a raffle too but not sure if there are any legalities doing this in a venue or not?

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Lottery tickets?

• *AJS*
    Beginner December 2012
    *AJS* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing this. My nan, who had alzheimer's, passed away last year so we are donating to the Alzheimer's Society and they are giving us a little card to sit on each table to tell our guests a donation favour has been made. There are lots of different charities that do this now if you have one close to your heart.

• C
    Beginner December 2012
    CMH2211 ·
    • Hide content

We are having a winter wedding, we are having christmas scented candles (orange & star anise) around whilst we have dinner so our favours are little frosted snowflake votive holders with the same scented candle inside.

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyoe for all your ideas. I really like the scratch card idea but OH wouldn't go for it!

We found some cheapish things online and ended up getting a variety of bits and bobs for people, such as keyrings, candles and for others personalised packets of jelly beans (OH's favourite ever sweet so quite apt) so not quite fully non-edible!

• Jemima Renrut
    Beginner October 2013
    Jemima Renrut ·
    • Hide content

I see you have sorted it now, but for anyone else interested I went to a wedding on a budget and they had cleaned up pennies so they were like new and had wrapped them nicely with the saying "find a penny pick it up, all day long you'l have good luck" I thought it was lovely! and only cost them about 50p!

• I
    Beginner March 2013
    icklelea ·
    • Hide content

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry too much about this. When I was BM last year, my friend did personalised M&M's - they went down a treat when people needed a sugar rush later in the evening!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics