Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

RusticBride15
Beginner June 2015

Norethisterone

RusticBride15, 13 of May of 2015 at 12:56 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hey Ladies,

So im super confused about taking this Norethisterone and I was just wondering if you ladies have had any experience with it?

Firstly I was wondering when I take it does my following months period come on the same date as normal or does delaying it effect the start date of all my future periods?

I tried googling but its just super confusing

Thanks ladies

❤️

7 replies

Latest activity by HappyYellowCars2533, 9 of January of 2020 at 18:02
  • Daisy Bell
    Beginner August 2015
    Daisy Bell ·
    • Hide content

I think it means that your future cycles will also be affected. I.e. your next period will be triggered once you stop taking it, and the one after that should be 28 days (or however long your cycle is) after the one triggered by your stopping taking Norethisterone.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's how it was for me. I took them once years and years ago and it worked fine. I had to start taking it x amount of days before my period was due and then it arrived after I'd stopped taking them. Can't remember how long it took as it was so long ago but yes it moved my whole cycle.

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's how it was for me. I took them once years and years ago and it worked fine. I had to start taking it x amount of days before my period was due and then it arrived after I'd stopped taking them. Can't remember how long it took as it was so long ago but yes it moved my whole cycle.

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

Great post!

• RusticBride15
    Beginner June 2015
    RusticBride15 ·
    • Hide content

I knew i could count on you ladies!! Thank you girls

❤️

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    MrsFRtobe ·
    • Hide content

I've used it a few times, my cycle afterwards has always come on time, meaning a short gap between the two. apart from that I have had no issues with them, I can take the 1st tablet when the first bit of bleeding starts and it stops it, i can also reduce the tablets to 1-2 tablets a day rather than 3

• E
    Beginner October 2015
    elvira-darkside ·
    • Hide content

It will usually delay subsequent cycles. im planning on using it this way. i will delay my august period so that my dates shift for sept and oct.

• H
    Beginner May 2020
    HappyYellowCars2533 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I have the same question.

The doctor told me that taking norethisterone would delay the bleed but not impact on my overall and future cycles, i.e. i can postpone the bleed for a few days but my next period will arrive on time as though i hadn't taken the tablets. so if i take them for 10 days, i'll then have an 18 day cycle and be straight back on track.

My wedding is May so i wanted to push my cycle now, but apparently that's impossible. Does anyone have any first-hand experience? Even if my next period moved a few days later it would help as it's currently 4 days after the wedding (so i'll be bloated on the big day) and slap bang in the middle of my honeymoon. Smiley sad

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics