Northbrook Park - Farnham

16 of May of 2012 at 14:36 Posted on Planning 0 112

Xx

112 replies

Latest activity by Sophiejenna18, 28 of June of 2015 at 21:29
  • Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I'm shooting a wedding there this year. I met and had a mini engagement shoot with the couple looks like a very good place to get wed. Especially with the new accomodation adjacent to it.

Very popular too, I get quite a few enquiries about it.

• B
    Bev Downie ·
    • Hide content

I've filmed there. It's lovely.

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

Me!!

I am getting married there on the 27th December 2012.

Are you thinking about booking it?

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

Looks a lovely venue - we have decided to go with Frensham Pond Hotel Farnham instead but mainly because of budget (plus the location is beautiful!).

• H
    Beginner December 2012
    Hannah72 ·
    • Hide content

Me! Getting married there on the 8th December. We booked it without seeing it but I love it now I've seen it!

• kyanya
    Beginner June 2013
    kyanya ·
    • Hide content

We had a look there and it was the first venue we both loved. The whole place is just gorgeous, and the ceremony room is truly stunning - I got a funny feeling walking along the aisle in there!

Sadly it's off our list due to price - we want a summer friday/saturday wedding and prices are pretty crazy considering all your getting is room hire. Although if anyone knows how to negotiate big discounts, it could happily go back on our list of potential wedding venues?! ?

Good luck to all those having your weddings their though, I'm sure you'll have fabulous days. How are you using the place? Are you having both gardens/rooms? The walled garden is just amazing too, and I love the peacocks!

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    Country Flower ·
    • Hide content

I'm not but I've just googled it (because I'm very nosy interested) and it looks absolutely stunning - if you are getting married there I would say you are a very lucky bride?

• Hide content

Peacocks everywhere btw. Smiley winking

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ack,

We have booked with http://www.sotasty.co.uk/

We've had our first initial meeting and have designed our menu. We will meet closer to the time to have a tasting session.

We've pretty much sorted everything else except the wedding cake and bridesmaid dresses.

I absolutely LOVE the venue!! ❤️ We are having use of the whole premises - Vine room for the ceremony and orangey (sp) for the reception. The marquee is also available, but we probably wont make much use of that it is likely to be cold! We have also booked all of the cottages for family and friends.

The gardens are stunning....Lots of peacocks and guniea fowl running around too!!

• G
    Beginner
    gemma573 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, first time poster here!

We've booked Northbrook Park for July 2013. We're currently in the process of booking caterers so really interested to read about others' experiences. I understand that we get charged an additional amount for the venue hire if we bring in caterers other than the ones they recommend?

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Gemma!

Welcome to Hitched ?

I'd double check that if I was you - We are definitely not being charged extra for not using the recommended suppliers. We have sourced our own caterer as previously mentioned in an earlier post.

How much have you organised already?

• G
    Beginner
    gemma573 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you!

I've just dug through my emails from the venue - it does say the following:

"Should you wish to bring another catering company to cater your wedding here with us at Northbrook Park, then a surcharge of 15% applies on top of the venue hire."

I've emailed to confirm the situation.

So far we've managed to book the registrar, photographer and a band. So just the caterers and I think that's then all the big things done. Then on to the fun stuff like dresses!

• kyanya
    Beginner June 2013
    kyanya ·
    • Hide content

We've looked at another venue with peacocks too and they told us that the peacocks always choose the most inappropriate moments to make their presence known! I'm sure evenyone would have a giggle though if they heard a peacock squawk instead of the 'I Do' they were expecting though! ?

• H
    Beginner December 2012
    Hannah72 ·
    • Hide content

We're using Fusion catering who are the preferred caterers for Northbrook, not had out tasting yet but they've been really easy to deal with and I even managed to negotiate them down on the price per person as we only want a simple menu.

We have only booked the Vine Room for now but I think we will upgrade to include the Orangery as well - seeing as no one else uses then venue on the day of the wedding they said we only have to give a months notice if we want to include the Orangery as well.

I can thoroughly recommend Gifted Heart Cakes - we met Emma a couple of weeks ago to discuss our cake and she is lovely and her samples were delicious.

Can anyone recommend a make-up artist, its the one big part of the day that I haven't got sorted yet - there are plenty around but some recommendations would be great!

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

We were initially going to book with Fusion, but they were quite slow to respond.

I've booked my wedding make-up with Emma from: http://www.theblissstudio.co.uk/

Thanks for the cake recommendation.....I've yet to sort that!

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Northbrook Park is an awesome venue! I've been to a few of their wedding shows and it's set in a fabulous location. They also have some really great rooms for your guests if they wish to stay over and the staff are amazing.

The main ceremony room is also really beautiful! Definitely worth going to have a viewing if you haven't already...

https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-venues/northbrook-park_3482.htm#pos=5&type=7&lhid=18754

Fran x

• B
    Beginner September 2013
    blueberry27 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

I'm a 1st time poster too! We have booked Northbrook for the 12th September 2013 which is a Thursday, we are having the vine room for the ceremony and the Orangery for the reception. We have booked all the mews cottages as we have lots of guests coming from abroad too! It is a beautiful venue and we both felt that it was perfect and really 'us'.

So far all we have booked is the venue, registrar and in the process of booking Fusion catering, we were also under the impression that you would be charged 15% if you choose another caterer, we even discussed it with Dirk the manager.

My friend is a florist so that's sorted in one way and my friend is a bridal make-up artist (can give details if needed). We had a little boy in September so i'm finding it hard to get really stuck into wedding planning as he keeps me very busy!

Any other local supplier recommendations would be great!

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

We have booked there for 2013, i went to see 16 venues and it was the only one i liked! We are trying to find caterers at the moment but does anyone have any reccomendations for florists or make up/hair for that area?? When we were there we met a florist who was really nice who we will definitely speak to called clarkefloraldesigns.

Very excited!

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

I was actually there this morning delivering a post box for a wedding today.

Beautiful place and a perfect location to get some fab photos. The reception and ceremony rooms look beautiful.

Loving the peacocks running round! I nearly run one over this morning haha

Nat

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

I posted this in another thread about Northbrook Park, but hitched are sponsoring an event there on September 19th, hosted by No.10 Bridal Boutique in Farnham.

Click here to view more details on this exciting catwalk show and auction, all in aid of Breast Cancer Care.

It would be great to see some local brides there....!

Fran x

p.s email me directly if you have any questions about the event

• Hide content

It could be worse, could be the sound of a bird scarer firing like I had on Sunday. Sounded like a firearm going off. Right through the ceremony BANG BANG

• clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

We viewed there lasdt year and really liked it, but didn't really take to the wedding planner and they couldn't guarantee we would have access to the accommodation. That wasn't suitable for us as we had loads of people coming from france.

How are you all finding the wedding lady?

• J
    Beginner February 2013
    Jibba ·
    • Hide content

Hi, first time I have posted but am also getting married at Northbrook... Just to let you all know they have a preferred caterer list which has 7 caterers on including Fusion. We were made to believe that Fusion were the only ones but decided to shop around as they seem expensive and that is when we came across other caterers who had worked at Northbrook and said they were preferred suppliers...so email Deborah at venue for the list.

We are currently deciding between so tasty and caper berry...they are almost £1000 cheaper!

I think it is cheeky that you don't get the suppliers list up front and you have to ask for it! But we love the venue so you ignore the antics and just get on with it.

• Cakeycase
    Beginner December 2012
    Cakeycase ·
    • Hide content

Hi Jibba,

Firstly, welcome ?

We have booked with 'So Tasty'. We have found them to be extremely flexible in terms of our budget. We initially contacted 'Fusion' and also found them to be expensive, plus we were not impressed with their customer service to be honest. They also said that they would only have 2 people working the bar - We are having 120 people to the day, plus an extra 40 to the evening. We felt that 2 people would not be enough, but they said that they would not provide additional staff....their loss.

When is your date? And how are your plans going?

• J
    Beginner February 2013
    Jibba ·
    • Hide content

Hi Cakeycase,

Wedding in Feb 2013...plans are coming along slowly...doing quite a lot of it myself so having to be quite organised.

So tasty are on our shortlist but think we are leaning towards caper & berry have tastings next month to help with decision.

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone,

I too am getting married at Northbrook Park, next May. I haven't got a clue about what I need in relation to lighting at the venue with a DJ, do I need a dance floor put in etc.

Can anyone recommend a hair dresser? I have found a lovely make up artist but she doesn't do hair.

I can't believe they have a list of caterers. I too was under the impression that there was only fusion, and their prices are ridiculous. I have found a really good caterer, who provide unlimited alcohol for an extra £12 per person, and their 3 courses are very reasonable. Even with the 15% commission charge I believe we will save £1000.

• Hide content

Hair and Makeup - Amy Prifti, she works with celebrity hair stylists and did the make up for the BINTM girls.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome photographically.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

It is a stunning venue!!

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi ack172,

I'm getting married on the 9th of May. I haven't got a DJ yet, that's another stress ha!

Yeah the caterers we are looking at are Superevents.co.uk. They are so lovely and we are having a tasting next week, so I will report back on the food. Let me know about your caterers.

Thanks Chris for the hair stylist recommendation, I will look at that now. x

• Hide content

You don't need a dancefloor, the last couple used the wooden floor where they had the wedding breakfast. There was so much space they didn't even need to move tables.

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Anyone going to the wedding fayre there on the 11th November???

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Oh I didn't even know they had one. I might go as I feel there is still so much I need to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics