Posted on Planning 112

xx

Xx

112 replies

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

We thought it might be better to see suppliers who know the venue and see if they have any discounts if u order stuff then! Plus another chance to have a look around.....

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

I went to the wedding fair and booked my florist there. I'm glad I went as I discovered they have different chairs for the ceremony room than that of the wedding breakfast. I was planning to have my chairs plain with flowers tied on the ends of each row to save dressing the chairs. I had seen this done by other brides of Northbrook Park and liked the plain chairs in the ceremony room. However, when I went to the open day apparently they have red chairs in the ceremony room which have to be dressed.

The caterers I have booked are SuperEvents, the food is wonderful, they don't charge to serve alcohol either and offer a really cheap drinks package, if you don't want to provide your own alcohol (which is so cheap, I think it works out cheaper than getting it in yourself as it's unlimited).

My cake is ordered too, by LittleGems. I saw her at bluewater wedding show and her cakes are beautiful and reasonably priced. They taste amazing too.

What DJ's have people gone for??

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which florist did you go for? I have got appointments to see them in January. Trying to sort out my make up an hair stylist at the moment! Have you booked yours?

We are getting the red chairs covered as we went to visit when there was a wedding there and they hadnt covered it and they didnt look great!!! We are not having a dj we are having a band called Ambassador.

I love going to see it though just makes me really excited!!!

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I went with Eden Bloom, lovely girls and really get what your talking about. When she sent me the quote she sent little pic's of everything to make sure she understood what I meant.

Hair I've chosen 'Love Hair' and make up Kristina Gasperas (www.kristinagasperas.com) her before and after's are amazing. If you book them tell them Katie recommended you ?

This site is great for sharing tips x

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

I have got an appointment with Eden Blooms, so that is good!!!

The hair and make up is causing me the biggest indecision! Got lots of recommendations from people and narrowed it down to two but now got to decide between someone who has only been doing it for a couple of years but seems quite modern and might do something more creative or someone who has been doing it for lots of years. Part of me thinks i should just go with the experienced one, know exactly what i will be getting and then a bit of me likes the idea of soemone who might have different experiences!

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

I was worried about hair and make up, as it's the one day you want to look your best. I looked for AGES. Good luck, it's all so exciting but so nerve racking at the same time as you want everything to be perfect and it's hard to imagine how it's all going to tie together.

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    Lux ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone

We have also booked our wedding at Northbrook Park for July this year ?

Does anyone have any feedback on which are the best caterers on the preferred suppliers list?? We have met with Fusion and have a meeting with Caper and Berry in a couple of weeks.... We have also left a message with Rhubarb, has anyone spoken to them at all?

Regarding the chairs, I have heard that they might be changing the chairs and getting in some new ones!

We are getting married at a church and having our wedding breakfast in the Vine room and the evening party in the orangery and are currently speaking to Firebird events about decorating the orangery a bit. Does anyone have any feedback about Firebird?

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!!!

Lux x

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

I've heard good things about Caper and Berry.

Here's some shots from the wedding there last year as promised:

Northbrook Park Katie and Rob

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

What gorgeous photos!!! i love seeing photos of weddings there, makes me more excited!!!

Which chairs did they say they might be replacing?? We are getting chair covers for the ones in the vine room because they are horrible but i like the ones in the orangery.

Sorry i cant be much help with the caterer as we are using someone completely different! Would be interested to hear what happens with firebird events, how are you deciding what you want? I have no idea what to say when people ask me about lighting!

So exciting!

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    Lux ·
    • Hide content

Those photos are fantastic!

I don’t think they have decided yet about which ones but I’m assuming the vine room red ones, I also like the orangery ones! If I find out anything more I will let everyone know.

We can’t decide so we are meeting Firebird this week at Northbrook to run through ideas so hopefully we can come up with something different and amazing!!

We just sent our save the dates today so it now feels very real...... very exciting times ahead!!!!

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

We sent out save the dates out also, although we are not getting married to December and it made me want to send out my invites already!

Are firebird going to do all your flowers and everything? Let us know how your meeting went, i have no idea how people decide on things like lighting!

• T
    Beginner January 2012
    Thai15 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, i am new and have joined just to speak to the northbrook brides Smiley smile

we will be getting married there next year. I have been looking at caterers also and i wondered if anyone can give examples of there pricings?! I really like caper berry they look amazing but i have a feeling they might be expensive! Lol i also like so tasty.

please let me know if you recommend any others and there kind of pricing it would be really appreciated.

thanks ladies

V x

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    Lux ·
    • Hide content

Hi Tams82

The meeting went really well! They were very helpful with ideas for the rustic chic theme we are trying to achieve in the orangery! I would definitely recommend Firebird as we wouldn’t have had a clue where to start.

We have decided to go with firebird for the lighting but our flower supplier is Eden Blooms, they all seem to know one another very well as they have all worked with each other before so they are very helpful in recommending each other and suggesting ideas!

Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner July 2013
    Lux ·
    • Hide content

X

Hi V

I would without a doubt recommend Caper and Berry, we have met a few different caterers and they have by far been the most helpful and their food looks and tastes stunning! We have had a few extra things for our day like a 4th course but the price has been along the lines of most we have chatted too. We have 80 people for the day and it’s coming in around the 8k mark but like I say we have had some extra bits added in!

We haven’t spoken to so tasty so I don’t know what they are like but I have heard some good feedback on them also.

Has anyone on here already been married at Northbrook and stayed in the bridal suite??? I would love to know your thoughts on it and what it is like.

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone,

I have chosen SuperEvents Ltd to do my catering, and they offer an amazing drinks package (unlimited alcohol). We are having about 90 people and it's costing us about 6k, including unlimited alcohol (with a three course meal and drinks reception). Seriously speak to them as they by far offer the best price and we have already tasted the menu and it was amazing. They even gave us the wine from the drinks package to take home and try as we had driven up to meet them. Toni is the manager and so helpful.

• T
    Beginner January 2012
    Thai15 ·
    • Hide content

Hi lux!

Thank you so much for your response it is very helpful honestly. I reckon we will want extras aswell as we are real foodies lol! They do look amazing so i think i will defo put them on the list for options. Im glad they can be a bit flexible with menu as we were quite worried about that.

Thanks for your input i will definatly check out this other company aswell!! Sounds like you have a really good deal. Im a little worried as we are having 150 guests! Cannot believe food is costing this much lol!!! I know it will be worth it though Smiley smile

thank u guys

V x

• T
    Beginner January 2012
    Thai15 ·
    • Hide content

I have just looked at there website!!! It looks amazing and they seem like they will be flexible on your own ideas and input! Will definately be giving them a call.

thanks floss101 Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Your welcome Vera,

Us brides have to help each other out in getting the best deals....weddings are so expensive. Good luck xx

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello!

I am going to see Eden Blooms in a couple of weeks. So what lighting are you having done??

After the florist is done i think i am pretty much done on the 'big' things! x

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    kayedg ·
    • Hide content

Hi Everyone ,

I am new to this and never thought I'd post on a site lol......

But would love to hear other ideas from other brides or even brides that already been married there.

I am booked for the 3rd May and still have lots t do . I have gone for Caper Berry for food (we are foodies ) and whilst it is expensive their ideas are fab, still not sorted entertainment so any ideas, make up not sorted . Invites done flowers seeing someone tommorw, chair covers any ideas ? probably for the vine room .

I'm also worrying about things being set up and running of the day though we are having a late wedding at 5pm .

love to hear from others , kaye x

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Booked my flowers, going with Bex from Blush, so excited! For chair covers we are using Bridal bits as they are the most reasonably priced ones we could find and our friend used them and they were good.

Hope that helps!

• F
    Beginner
    Flower88 ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married at Northbrook August this year, we have block booked all the cottages. Has anyone else done this, if so how have you allocated rooms and sorted things and are you asking guests to pay as though it were a hotel or treating it as part of the wedding budget? I thought Northbrook would still deal with the organising of room allocation but apparently this is not the case and I'm not sure how to do it!?!

Stunning venue though cant wait to marry there Smiley smile x

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    kayedg ·
    • Hide content

Hi ,

Mangaed to sort mt flowers though struggling for ideas on the tables thinking ivory roses and blue thistels, what did you pay per chair for covers, I havn't booked make-up etc yet and now not sure if I like my BM dresses or even mine, I think once to start looking and continue to look you get confused lol x How have you found \northbrook helpful x

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

My chair covers are 1.50 per chair plus £50 to put them on and off through a company called bridal bits. I am going to for more candles and fairy lights with our flowers as we are getting married in december.

For the cottages we have hired them all and have asked friends if they want a rooma and then we are going to put people into cottages and get them to book together. I don't know but am probably going to send northbrook the names of people per cottage so they can then tick them off when they pay, if that makes sense!

Hope that helps a bit!

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all,

I'm getting married in May and block booked all the cottages. I have also booked a couple for the day before as a lot of my family and friends are travelling over for our wedding. I have just paid for them all then asked family and friends if they want a room to send me the money for the room. I too will let Northbrook know who I want in each cottage- I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable at breakfast time and want people to be with others they know in the cottages.

I'm not going to cover my chairs, I prefer the plain chairs (beach with cream cushion). With the money I've saved from covering the chairs I've spent on little luxuries for my guests to enjoy.

I want to add paper pom pom's to the orangery but haven't got a clue how I organise putting them up or taking them down.

SO excited, not long for me now. Good luck everyone, I love this little post to get tips and advice, put's your mind at ease that everyone has similar dilemma's.

xxx

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    kayedg ·
    • Hide content

Hi ,

Thanks for info on Bridal bits will contact them as thats a really good price, most others are 3.50 a chair which for just the ceromony is expensive.

We have the cttages booked byt trying to get groups together as didn't relaise its just a room in the cottage , also will give guests a couple of hotel options as already ,most of cottages are allocated.

Are people getting married in vine room and then orangery for the breakfast and what decoration wise are you doing

kaye xx

• F
    Beginner
    Flower88 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the info girls!

We are getting married in the Vine room and then having the Orangery for the wedding breakfast.

I have enquired about chair covers, but I am waiting for clarification about the vine room chairs. The ones in there currently have the red cushions I think? But I have seen that other people (from looking at wedding photography there) have moved the orangery chairs into the Vine room. So hopefully I will be able to do that as I have already booked some 'Chiavari' chairs for the orangery.

As for decorating the orangery, I think I will leave it fairly simple as they already have some fairy lights and plants in there. I will have the centrepieces for the tables, and then transfer the other florist arrangements over from the Vine room. ie: the tall candles with flowers that will be up the aisle and then use the mantlepiece arrangement for the top table? Hadn't really thought about anything else!

xx

• K
    Beginner May 2013
    kayedg ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies ,

Its been a while and have been crashing the wedding planning most things organised now.

Just wondered what people were doing with fire place as Notthbrook won't allow anything stuck to it or any flowes , as they are ending up painting each week.

My flower lady went to look around and was told this and now there are not really any other options , has anyone else been told this.

Also the DJ has to sign a contract with Northbrook who then take a cut , has anyone else experienced this , as much as I love Northbrook it's all seeming I wish I was going somewhere else

xxx

• F
    Beginner
    Flower88 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

I literally just got the alert about your message and now it's setting off alarm bells!

I haven't heard this yet, my florist has quoted for the fireplace piece though. It's quite a focal point of the room would be such a shame to leave it bare! I'm not getting married until August though so haven't had the flower lady look around etc yet.

As for the DJ cut... That's quite disgusting! It doesn't mention anything like that in the info pack they give does it? I would be firm with them, I can't believe they would do that!

To be honest I haven't found the staff to be very helpful at all, the only saving grace is that it's such a stunning venue and as long as you have faith in your caterers and suppliers it should be a fantastic day! Smiley smile

Have you had any other hiccups with them along the way?

Xxx

• B
    Beginner
    bride1982 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, we're only in the very early stages and are planning on going to look at Northbrook Park but I have to say that I love the look of it from the website!!! It's been great to see everyone's replies as they've given me the impression that Fusion are the only caterer but now I'll be able to ask for the full list!

We're going to be on quite a tight budget so will be getting married on a Thursday to make it a bit cheaper. I just wondered if anyone had a rough idea of cost for having the ceremony in the Vine Room and the reception in the Orangery if you don't book all of the accomodation? I'll eventually get round to speaking to them about this all but thought I'd ask.

I'm obviously really excited about it all but find all the elements of planning quite daunting too! xx

• G
    Beginner
    gemma573 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, just wondered if anyone would share what they're doing about guests booking the cottages when you have already block booked and paid for them? We're even subsidizing the rooms a bit as we thought they were a little expensive for guests, but we still have to ask for more than they're showing up as on trip advisor the day previous to our wedding (£90 for a double). I'm just concerned that our guests might also see this and think we're making a profit on the rooms!

• bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married at Northbrook on 16th June this year....ceremony in the vine room then onto the orangery.

Re the cottages....we sent out the info for these to the guests with a note saying how much they cost and how many they slept and have left it up to them to call...seems to have worked so far, 5 have been booked already.

I didn't know that about the mantelpiece, interesting! We are hiring chairs in for the ceremony as I'm really not a fan of the chair covers you can hire.

Also, I'm not sure they actually take a cut from the DJ - I think it's used in the surcharge...but don't hold me to it.

I do find it hard that the kitchen is literally a vessel, so you have to pay for the cost of ovens, fridges etc.

But saying this, I love the venue. I went to a wedding there a year or so ago and it was a great atmosphere.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics