Posted on Planning 112

xx

Xx

112 replies

• B
    Beginner
    bride1982 ·
    • Hide content

I have to say that following further communication with Northbrook Park I've already been put off! I asked about not having all the cottages booked and just got a very short email back saying that they would all have to be booked for a midweek wedding at £450 per cottage so that's £4500!! Right out of my price range already if that's just for the venue!! On to the next one it is!!!

• bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I remember them saying that you couldn't move the chairs from rooms to another. Which I guess makes sense.... we are using Surrey Even Hire for the chairs, they've been really helpful.

It was so lovely the wedding we went to before, tips I found....getting good directions to the parking as when we went as guests, we were so confused what way we needed to drive.

Yes, I don't think that they do charge the DJ. I think the only 'charge' if is you are not using a preferred caterer which they say they charge for that, but the actual cost of that out of the surcharge, so there are no hidden costs.....

The one thing I have found frsutrating about using Nortbrook is the insistence having everything cleared by the end of night...not so rasy if your caterers are leaving early evening!

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi again everyone,

we block booked cottages and are charging £90 a room, including family rooms. We are having the plain chairs for both reception in the orangery and the ceremony in the vine room. We managed to get an agreement between our caterers and Northbrook to move the chairs so haven't had to pay any extra.

• F
    Beginner
    Flower88 ·
    • Hide content

I asked about moving the orangery chairs over to ceremony room and it was a point blank no. But we spoke to our catering company - they rang northrbook and sorted the moving of the chairs for us - far more helpful! I do feel that most things are too much trouble for them, which is a shame given the industry they are in, they should bend over backwards to help surely?

I havent been told about the mantlepiece yet - and I might kick up a fuss to be honest if they do mention it last minute - its showcased as being covered in flowers in their brochure for goodness sake! You're a wedding venue.... if you have to touch up the mantlepiece every so often then so be it! Rant over! Smiley smile xx

• G
    Beginner
    gemma573 ·
    • Hide content

It's really useful to hear what other people are up to. I was wondering whether anyone's run into problems with bands - I understand that Northbrook Park use a sound limiter?

• M
    Beginner October 2013
    metalpaul1000 ·
    • Hide content

Ive been reading the posts. This is the first i have heard about the chairs. When we visited Northbrook they just said that we will need to provide seat covers. Since when do they not provide seating in both rooms?

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    K8MAC ·
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Northbrook park April 2014 VERY EXCITED! We've been searching for caterers as we've been told they run the day so important to get someone we can trust but also within cost we can afford as venue of our dreams has come at a price tag..If anyone has any extra info or experience of caterers on day i'd be very interested to know.

For photographers on day we can't recommend 'Senior Mac' enough we've booked them for the big day, they're a married couple and named photographers for another venue (Rivervale barn) We feel very lucky to have found them as as a trained photographer myself I'm a very picky bride when it comes to imagery. They also offer lots of fun extras at a very resonable price.

Also does anyone know a good local camper van hire company?

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

For our band we are using Ambassador who have played there before so i am just assuming they know what they are doing with the sound limitations! We looked at bands who had played there before so then they should know all that stuff!

• F
    Beginner
    Flower88 ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

For those of you getting married at northbrook - do you know if it's common to have a run through of the civil ceremony at the venue a few days before? I realise it's not quite as formal as a church wedding, but I dont really want to be going into it blind! xx

• G
    Beginner
    gemma573 ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone know if there's any rules about confetti at NB Park at all?

• Chris Giles Photography
    Chris Giles Photography ·
    • Hide content

Confetti is allowed there. Smiley smile

• bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi..

Not sure if you're still interested....but I'm getting married at Northbrook in 2 weeks and have just had confirmation that they are still allowing flowers on the mantelpiece...if that helps your decision Smiley smile

• victoriaryan84
    Beginner August 2014
    victoriaryan84 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all, I'm getting married here on the 24/08/2014 were trying to find a caterer, who have you all been looking out?

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone- I got married there 09-05 this year. We used Super Events Ltd- They were absolutely amazing and provided an unlimited alcohol package which was really reasonable and hard to beat, even if we provided it ourselves. Food was FANTASTIC a few people told me it was the best they had tasted.

Be prepared with Northbrook. We had all the cream chairs and some of the cushions were dirty. We had to set up the cream chairs ourselves in the ceremony room- they provide no help what so ever. Thanks to our fantastic caterers however they helped in every way possible and even offered to act as Master of Ceremony's, free of charge. When collecting our stuff the next day, Northbrook had sloppily dumped it to one said and a few things were missing. This is just something to be wary of and think about.

All in all the the venue is fantastic, my photographs are amazing due to the beautiful surroundings and thanks to the no corkage policy, our caterers could provide unlimited alcohol to our guests for a very reasonable price and that made our day extra special for our guests as they didn't have to spend any money.

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

As well as using the accommodation on site for our guests we are also going to have to book some rooms in a nearby hotel. Has anyone got any experience or recommendations???

Thanks!!

• bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

I got married there a week ago Sunday and we had a few guests stay at the bush hotel and also Farnham house hotel. The cottages on site are great though, and cheap per person if you manage to fill them x

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Hello!

Just wondered if anyone has seen what the bridal cottage is like for the night of the wedding? It is the only part that we have not seen! Just wondering whether we will stay there or if it is not that great will stay in one of the on site cottages!

I have like a billion questions! Definitely need to schedule a meeting with them to discuss things!!!

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The cottages are all lovely. Probably best to go and see them for yourself though to get a real feel and decide if it's for you. Think it's definitely a good idea to stay on site though and close to the venue Smiley smile

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello! Thanks for replying! I have seen the cottages that they rent out for accommodation but not seen the one the bride and groom stay in the night of their wedding!

• F
    Beginner May 2013
    floss101 ·
    • Hide content

Hello.

The wedding cottage is beautiful, over looking the lake where you can sit on the deck and have breakfast. Room has champagne and strawberry's, croissants etc. You definitely want to stay in the wedding cottage and not one that your guests stay in.

Enjoy your day, it flies by. xxx

• bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

I ended up staying in the cottage I got ready in the morning. We did plan on staying in the bridal lodge but as we continued in one of the cottages after the reception it made most sense to stay there. I do wish we'd at least spent some time in it though!!

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

We are planning on hanging out with our friends in the cottages after the wedding as finished at 11. Not sure how we are actually going to get to the bridal cottage! Have images of us wandering around in the dark and rain trying to find it!!!

• T
    Beginner December 2013
    tams82 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks so much for your replies!!! I think because they just literally rent you the space I get confused about what they help you do and what they don't! For example do they set up the chairs and tables or do are caterers do that?

The biggest thing that is worrying me is the cloakroom!!! As we are having a winter wedding I have no idea what happens with the coats!!! aaaah!! Always the random things that worry me the most!!! Going to the make a meeting with them in November to ask them my trillion questions!

Once again thanks for your replies Smiley smile I am now not worried about the bridal cottage! x

• H
    Beginner June 2013
    helenmarywalker ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

You mention in your post that a few things were missing after your wedding at Northbrook Park. We had our reception there in mid-June and experienced the same issue - several items missing the next day including some of our guests' personal items (designer sunglasses, fascinator etc), our guest book with all the personal messages from our guests (irreplaceable) and my veil. Can I ask whether you managed to get any of the missing stuff back and, if so, how? Interesting to hear you experienced the same issue as us.

Best wishes,

Helen

• S
    star1982 ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

There is a cloak room in the hall way buy the Toilets in the Orangery.

Kindest regards,

Lottie

The Dottie Bar CO

• S
    star1982 ·
    • Hide content

Hey all,

There is a Cloak room of sorts outside the Toilets in the Orangery.

Hope that helps,

Lottie

The Dottie Bar Co.

Prefered supplier @ Northbrook Park

• Lucylonglegs
    Beginner March 2014
    Lucylonglegs ·
    • Hide content

I was a guest at a wedding there in march 2011. Nice venue but as some of you have said its just the rooms you're paying extortionate amounts of money for. We had I travel to the church in farnham, then get on a bus to the venue, then get another bus back to the bush hotel in farnham. 3 places in one day was pretty annoying as a guest.

• A
    Beginner
    aeaves16 ·
    • Hide content

Did you contact the venue to tell them things were missing? I have a wedding there in January 2014 and am not finding the venue very helpful.

Do you know if they have a music system in the orangery room for when the wedding breakfast takes place? If not, did you have music / what did you do?

Also has anyone used Sanctuary catering before? I noticed an earlier post mentioned getting in your own oven/fridge? Surely they have that?

Any comments / recommendations would be appreciated.

x Amy x

• bibby86
    Beginner June 2013
    bibby86 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Amy

While I LOVED the venue and a lot of the guests said how much they liked it...I did find that previous to the day they weren't great with communication and there weren't many things 'offered' to help out.

I don't *think* there is a sound system in the Orangery....we had a DJ set up early to play some music...but we didn't actually notice it that much!

And no...the 'kitchen' is basically a vessel....you/the caterer has to bring everything!!

Hope this helps....

x

• A
    Beginner
    aeaves16 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. I thought they were just not communicating with me but it seems that they are like this with everyone! What caterers did you use?

Amy x

• A
    Beginner
    aeaves16 ·
    • Hide content

Just wanted to ask a few questions to anyone out there who is a NP bride!

Has anyone used sanctuary catering before?

did anyone have an issue with lighting being too dark? Would I need to hire lighting?

thanks

Amy x

• S
    Beginner November 2013
    sianandcraiggethitched ·
    • Hide content

We have booked So Tasty to cater our wedding at NP. They are a local caterer based in Farnham and very easy to work with.

On a different note has anyone been able to get hold of the staff at NP this past couple of days? My wedding is 17 days away and i'm trying to sort final details but can't get hold of anyone- panic stations!!!

Thanks

Sian x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics