Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

debmci

Northern Ireland Brides!

debmci, 10 of February of 2010 at 19:29 Posted on Planning 0 26

Hi!!

Just out of interest wondering if there are many Northern Ireland Brides on here!! Also wondering where you are and when you are getting married!!??

Im from Co. Tyrone and getting married on 13th October with my Reception in the Silver Birch Hotel, Omagh!

Deborah

26 replies

Latest activity by Aurora13, 23 of January of 2013 at 20:18
  • Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

I'm in Northern Ireland, Co Antrim....sorry....not quite a bride yet.....but I'm working on it!!!!!! Anyone know when the next leap year is?

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I'm getting married in Belfast Castle on 3rd September 2011! Im from England but my partner is from Belfast so we're getting married there. Been harder to organise from the UK tho!

Sarah

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

So far wer the only 2 gettin married in NI!! aw belfast castle is so beautiful!! I was at an evening do in it and the grounds are juat beautiful! Smiley smile so will you be moving to NI?

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Yea dont think there is many and its annoying as the listing on there are rubbish for NI suppliers and so are all of the bridal mags - dont even cover NI!

Its a lovely venue we're really excited!

My OH is from Belfast but moved over to Manchester a couple of years ago and been here even since, we wont move back to NI, settled in Manc now but having wedding over as OH has a big family and its such a nice place to get married and a bit different - makes it a big logistically hard tho! x

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

I'm another NI bride!!

From outside Belfast but getting married in Co. Fermanagh & reception in the Manor House. Can't wait now!

I agree snurton123, the info for NI is on the crap side, even when you live here! Google has def been my best friend!

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

We're seeing a gap in the market here ladies! Is there no magazines for NI brides? I've heard of Ulster Bride but couldnt find it in the WH Smiths in Belfast city centre....rubbish!

Google is definitely the way forward

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well i've got a couple of the NI bridal mags. some of them a friend gave me, and 1 i bought! I got it in ASDA!! the ulster bride is a good mag, except its kinda all adds, but least ther ads for NI shops. Google has been great tho. and word of mouth from friends-the advantages of bein the last from a group of friends getting married!! Well My reception is in omagh! so im not far from you Bonnie Lass!! When's your big day!!??

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

'getting married in Northern Ireland' ....my partner was voted their wedding entertainer of the year for 2008

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Now there's a thought!? Think there might be a few, but definately not many!

If you need a hand with suppliers/local info, let me know...I have a huge list of back up services as well as the ones we've chosen lol

How far on with planning are you?

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Deborah, the Silver Birch is lovely...great choice!

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

2012 Sandy! ? You never know, he might beat you to it!

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Im from near there so its kinda my local hotel. a couple of friends had receptions there and have 2 say u couldn have faulted anythin! they've been more than nice 2 us both with the organisin and all as well.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

O here...there is an idea!! lol well so far iv the hotel, church and ministers booked, dresses sorted, iv got my veil and tiara, and we've sorted the mens clothes as well!! also booked out evenin band.

I have started my invites also. Im making my own so thinkin that an early start is good! lol.

Iv also been just looking at cakes and flowers on the net but aint made any decisions there. thers the kings hall fayre on the 26-28th of feb so gona have a look there for hair ideas as well.

WBU ladies??

Debs xo

• BonnieLass
    BonnieLass ·
    • Hide content

Well, i've everything booked, it's more the little decisions like music choices etc. Need to get the dads & BM gifts sorted & make the table plan & order of services. Oh, have a hair trial booked but no idea really other than probably an up do! Its turning into a massive countdown!

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Another NI bride here!!!, getting married in Clandeboye Lodge Hotel in Bangor on 27th August this year....and....AND I'm another Deborah too! ?

• F
    fairytalefountains ·
    • Hide content

Im in Northern Ireland

Also from Co.Tyrone out side cookstown and I can help with the magazines the wedding magazines in Northern Ireland are:

Getting Married in Northern Ireland - who also organise alot of the hotel bridal shows

Wedding Journal- The run the wedding Journal Show in the Kings hall in Feb and usually sept but this year its october (1st weekend I think)

Ulster Bride

White Wedding Pages- Who do the Wedding extravaganza Show in the odyssey in September time.

Personally I think wedding journal is the best mag.

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

This is great!! We're gathering up ritely here us NI girls!!

Well im for the show now on the 27th. looking 4ward to it! My sis (CBM) is over from glasgow and my frend (bm also) are going with me. It should be a laugh. I have my dress and the mens clothes sorted so im goin 2 look at hair, cakes, shoes, jewelry and cars! so far thats wot i can think of anyway!! I got my free ticket in the NIWJ and got my activation code online. Just needa get the other girl's their tickets!!

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding fair in the Wellie Park 2 or 3 weeks ago and got my hair dresser sorted, Think that's all I need to get arranged so might give wedding fairs a break fo a while unless I really need to get into the WP mood again ?

Just have to arrange an appt with the suit hire people once h2b decides who he wants as BM and GM, if he doesn't decide in the next couple of weeks I think I might just have to go ahead and organise that too!

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Can anyone recommend a good and not too expensive photographer?

We're trying to trim down our budget and wondered if people had any advice about getting a photographer on the cheap - maybe a student? Is it worth contacting local universities - has anyone done this?! I want nice photos and sometimes you do get what you pay for i understand that but also its a stretch for us to pay £900+. We only want them for a few hours not the brides house or reception and just to get a few nice family and couple shots. We also just want images on DVD not a book but still its coming up dead expensive....as they only can do 1 wedding per day its not like us having them for a shorter time reduces the price!!

Anyone found a photographer they like and doesnt cost the earth?

(Gettin married in Belfast castle)

S x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

I am getting David Scott from maghera. he does the dvd of all the pics he takes. http://www.davidascottphotography.co.uk/Home.html you can check out his pics through that link. Hes a really dead on fella. he did a few of my friends...which is why im getting him. If you give him a wee phone he can send u a sample dvd as well of wedings he has done. he probably cud negotiate a deal for you as well if you're not wanting the whole day.

hope its a wee help!!

Debs

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for this will check him out.

Where is everyone getting their hair/make up done? Im looking at Beauty NI - more because there doesnt seem to be many people out there who do it! Any recommendations?

• Sandysounds
    Sandysounds ·
    • Hide content

The only one I know personally and would recommend is Claire Gibson from https://www.bridalbeautyni.co.uk/ but I think this maybe the one you've already found. Claire wrote an article for us for our website after she'd got married herself on advice for brides.....so not connected with make up at all but you may find it an interesting read https://www.weddingdja.co.uk/bridesadvice.html

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content

Well my friend is a hairdresser and beautician so i've booked her. I know she did our hairs and make up for another friends wedding and it was great!! shes in tyrone, so mite be a wee bit far away!?

• B
    Beginner September 2011
    blueeyedgirl ·
    • Hide content

Did any of you ladies go to the Kings Hall show? I couldnt make it over for the weekend but thinking of going in October - is it worth it?

S x

• debmci
    debmci ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

O i was at it!! Had a great wee day!! got loads of ideas and theres loads a stands there. Took my CBM and MOH with me and we had a blast!!

• W
    Beginner August 2013
    weealex1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi There! I'm from Northern Ireland too! Getting Married August this year, very excited!! Our wedding is at the BeechHill Inn in Belfast!

So far all we have booked is the venue and our photography from www.stilllifestudio.co.uk. Love their work so were really keen to book them and even moved our date to make sure we got them!! If any northern irish brides are looking for photography they've done my sisters and 2 of my friends weddings!

Anyone have any cool ideas for wedding favours, summer based ones?

Smiley smile

• Aurora13
    Beginner August 2012
    Aurora13 ·
    • Hide content

Im already married but wanted to say all you NI brides! Im in Bangor and got married in the Old Inn Crawfordsburn!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics