Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner September 2018

Northumberland Wedding

RomanticOrangeConfetti440, 23 of February of 2016 at 17:24 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hi Everyone

We have booked our wedding for 1st September 2018 at Doxford Barns, its a beautiful barn wedding venue that we het three day exclusive use of. It also has cottages on site for our guests, so theres another thing ticked off the list. Its not far off alnwick so in the beautiful northumberland countryside. John Blakemore is now the chef there and will be doing our catering! We are planning a bbq then an evening hog roast.

We have already booked Paul Liddlement as our wedding photographer, we loved his amazing photos and he seems a lovely man.

Now im anxious to start booking up our other suppliers! We have around 70guests for the daytime and around 120 for the evening. I plan on making and buying most of our decorations. We are also playing round with making our own favors but not 100% on that yet.

Im starting to look at florists as I want a lot of flowers! I think they will suit our venue and would love to go with a very relaxed and wild looking set. Has anyone used any florists in the area? I have looked at C&C floral designs and a few more.

We are also looking to hire a band and dj for the evening. I really want the entertainment to be our main point of the evening as we both love watching live music. We love the emerald thieves which are an irish band we often go and see but wouldnt be sure of their price, I would imagine it would be a bit out of our budget. Any recommendations would be welcome.

Also if anyone else is planning a wedding in the area ot would be great to chat.

Thanks

Natalie

6 replies

Latest activity by rusticbride90, 16 of March of 2016 at 10:12
  • R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

Hi we viewed this venue it was gorgeous but unfortunatley just a bit too far out for us Smiley sad

We have booked le petit chateau the new one by the apartment group who own newton hall, it hasnt finished being built yet but the draw ups were amazing and totally fell in love, so may be completley stupid or a bit crazy to book a venue we havent physically stepped foot in but there you go lol. We get married in May 2018 Smiley smile

We are also booking paul as our photographer, as soon as we seen his work we fell in love so didnt bother shopping arpund for any other photographers.

Are you hiring the tractor and trailer for pics? I loved that idea

• E
    Beginner
    ExpensiveBrownDiamonds1257 ·
    • Hide content

I'm not familiar with the suppliers in your area, but I am having a very similar weekend wedding in a rural area. We too were looking for a more wild look and were able to find several flower farms in the area where you could use freshly picked flowers to make arrangements for your wedding. Some allowed you to DIY the arrangements while others provided that service. You might want to google to see if there are similar farms in your area.

• R
    Beginner September 2018
    RomanticOrangeConfetti440 ·
    • Hide content

That venue sounds amazing! I love Newton Hall and can imagine it will be beautiful when complete!

Yeah we are thinking about doing that just to make the most of it really! Pauls work is amazing so really pleased we have booked him.

Have you started looking at anything else to book? Im at a wedding in northumberland in october so will be keeping my eyes peeled for any good suppliers.

• R
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

The flower farm sounds a fab idea! Thanks for your help!

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah fingers crossed it is or we are screwed hahaha.

No havent organised anything yet although I am trying I just cant decide firmly on anything... I'm very fussy and very indecisive which isnt a good mix lol. I fell in love with some bridesmaid dresses but dont want to commit to them as i havent looked about for anything else, but then again they are sold out everywhere and can only find them on ebay so not sure whether to just get them and hope for the best!

Going to try on my first dress on saturday and I'm nervous as I havent seen anything else that I like so hoping its as beautiful on as it is in pictures.

Have you done anything else yet? What sort of theme are you going for?

• R
    Beginner September 2018
    • Hide content

I am the same! I love something one minute then change my mind ha! My friend has just bought bridesmaid dresses from ebay. They are lovely and a great price!

We are just going for a relaxed theme, very country with lots of flowers and fun fames (hopefully!!).

What are you planning for your theme?

• R
    Beginner May 2018
    rusticbride90 ·
    • Hide content

Well since we last spoke we have completley changed the venue! We lost our deposit too but I think we just rushed into it and originally wanted a barn wedding so are in the process of booking a barn in County Durham. We are going for rustic vintage theme... probably similar to yours. Luckily we will get venue and table decor in with the price so that saves us a bit of money which is always helpful. I've already bought some vintage items on ebay that I want to upcycle for the wedding so hopefully they turn out ok! You got anything else sorted yet?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics