Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2011

Nose or teeth?

CSayer, 7 March, 2010 at 14:13 Posted on Planning 0 10

Ok so I know everyone wants to look their best on their wedding day, however I hate the way I look and can't imagine myself liking any of the pics from the day and dont want a photographer taking horrible photos of me from the side( i have a large nose!) or when i'm not prepared and smiling, it will really stress me out and i think will actually upset me on the day.

So i'm thinking of getting a nose job or my teeth straightened/whitened. It may seem a little drastic, but it will really help me enjoy our day and I'll actually want to keep some pics instead of throwing them all away.

We only have a small wedding budget (planning to get married next May/June) but I think i can manage to save the extra needed for one of the above, i'm just not sure which one!

Anyone else considered surgery/teeth whitening before their big day? any advice is appriciated!!

10 replies

Latest activity by TheNinjaPigeon, 18 July, 2010 at 08:57
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

I have considered some minor teeth whitening but am also wary of looking like I have neon teeth with a tan!

I'm sure that your H2B loves you exactly the way you are and that you don't need the surgery on your nose. You can also talk to your photographer about any hangups that you have and they would do their best to ensure that they capture you in a such a way that makes you happy.

I just think surgery is a little extreme. x

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

I asked my dentist for teeth whitening and he said a definite No, NO Smiley sad I have very sensitive teeth and apparently if you have them whitened, it causes extreme pain which doesn't go away apparently! So that was enough for me LOl! As Mrs C says, I'm sure your hubby fell in love with you as you are so I wouldn't worry too much.

• Maxibon
    Beginner March 2009
    Maxibon ·
    • Hide content

The way i see it is that everyone has seen you side on, and has seen your teeth. I know that this doesnt help your hang ups, but learning to live with it will be better and cheaper than surgery!!

I had an accident a few years back and messed my teeth up pretty badly. the dentist patched me up as best he could, but you can still tell that my teeth arent mine (the one that glows in uv light is a dead give away and whitening products wont work as ive no tooth enamel)

Ive learnt to just go with it as any change i had done wouldnt be guaranteed that i would be happy with.

Any spare money that you have you should squirrel away and treat yourself to a posh make over for the big day!

x

• F
    Beginner
    Feanor ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I have had a nose job and I totally understand where you are coming from. I couldn't bare people to see me side on and was convinced everyone was staring at my nose no matter what situation I was in.

I can honestly say it was the best thing I ever did. To have that anxiety and stress gone from my life was brilliant.

Let me know if you want anymore info, happy to share Smiley smile

x

• Ms Nic
    Beginner May 2010
    Ms Nic ·
    • Hide content

Ive had quite alot of cosmetic dentistry done to my teeth in the past month... Cost a fortune but Im so happy that I got it done... I didnt even want a photographer at the wedding because of the way I felt...

OH is also bleaching his teeth at the moment with fantastic results Smiley smile

If its something that you think will make you feel more comfortable & confident, DO IT! Smiley smile

I think if it was between my nose & my teeth then I would prob opt for my nose though *not sure if that helps in the slightest! lol*

• sameeraraaa
    Beginner November 2010
    sameeraraaa ·
    • Hide content

Im going to get my teeth whitened before my wedding i think if i have enough money left over!

dont get a nose job! i have a huge nose with a massive hook and a bump but thats just me! i went through a phase of wanting a nose job but then it wouldn't be me! if you really want it then get it but am sure you are very beautiful as you are and your nose makes you individual and gives you character!

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    CSayer ·
    • Hide content

It's been a while since I first commented...

So having given a lot of thought to not having a photographer to our wedding at all as i would hate any sidewards profile pics of me, i've come to the conclusion that I'm going to get my nose done and am excited and nervous at the same time!!!

I've got my first consultation in August! I've got enough time to recover and for all the bruising/swelling to go down before the big day next year.

Anyone know which places to avoid/recommend?

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Someone I knew had their nose done for their wedding day and because they were not happy with it and they are still glad they had it done so it is up to you. I personally wouldn't do it but then again if I was that unhappy with something then who knows.

Have you spoken you your photographer about this yet or haven't you booked one for this reason?

• C
    Beginner July 2011
    CSayer ·
    • Hide content

We havent booked one as yet.

• Spring
    Beginner February 2008
    Spring ·
    • Hide content

Do you want details of who my friend used? I don't know if you can PM here anymore?

• TheNinjaPigeon
    Beginner January 2011
    TheNinjaPigeon ·
    • Hide content

The other option to surgery would be to speak to your photographer about your concerns and see what they can do to keep pictures of you that you dont like to he minimum, and for you to veto the shots before they 'go public'. On the other hand if you would have had the nose job anyway at some point because you are generally discontent then why not do it now when you can reap the benefit of feeling your absolute best on your WD. Good luck and keep us posted.

As for teeth - I have had that concern. I have cut my tea/coffee/cola intake to a minium and have been usung the arm and hammer whitening toothpaste, I have seen a real improvement. You could try that as well if that still worries you too! xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics