Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner April 2024 Devon

Not a wedding planner

Chloe, 4 of May of 2023 at 23:28 Posted on Planning 0 12
Hi , I’m Chloe I’m getting married April 2024 I am struggling so much with planning but I can’t really afford a wedding planner. I keep second guessing my decisions and I the thought of my wedding makes me so tense I want to feel the excitement everyone else gets

Thanks
Chloe

12 replies

Latest activity by Katie, 11 of May of 2023 at 09:31
  • A
    Beginner July 2024 Bristol
    Annabel ·
    • Hide content
    Oh I hear you! We are getting married next July and the whole process is overwhelming! We have booked the venue and caterers and booked a photographer but that’s about it. It seems to be all I think about but feel it’s too early to start talking to my friends about it! :/
    I’m looking at decorations for the venue and gonna have to hire in a company as the place we are getting married at are volunteers so basically open up and are there but not there if that makes sense. Trying to keep costs low with a very tight budget whilst trying to be kind to the environment and not wasteful on top of supporting British Heart Foundation (as they saved my life!) I’m in the dilemma of wanting to do/make things but then not being able to decorate etc myself. I’m starting to fret about the wedding favours and table numbers 😱
    Please shout out if you want to exchange ideas and thoughts to bounce off each other x
  • R
    Beginner May 2023 New York
    Renee ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chloe, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm sorry to hear that planning has been stressful for you. It's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed with all the decisions that need to be made. However, there are several things you can do to help ease the burden.

Firstly, consider breaking down the planning process QuestDiagnostics into smaller, more manageable tasks. This will make it feel less daunting and help you focus on one thing at a time.

Secondly, try to enlist the help of family and friends. They may be able to provide valuable input and support, and can help take some of the workload off your shoulders.

Thirdly, don't be afraid to prioritize what's most important to you and your partner. This can help you make decisions more easily and reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed.

• C
    Beginner April 2024 Devon
    Chloe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely would love to do that with you 😊

My instagram is Chloe.alana_

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Don't be afraid to simplify - cut out anything you don't really want/need to have and ignore anyone who tries to discourage this. Most people won't even notice if you don't have favours, signs, table decor, sashes, menus, visitor book etc, etc, etc.

Keep a sense of perspective - a marriage is (hopefully) for life, but a wedding is just for one day. As long as the legal bit is done right and everyone is safe, happy and well fed, at the end of the day, it's a success.

Take time out - mark out at least a day or two each week where wedding talk or planning is off limits and just do something fun with your OH that has nothing to do with the big day. Go for a walk, have a picnic, watch a film (preferably one without weddings in it!) and remind yourself of why you chose to get married in the first place.

Once you've made a decision, leave it and move on. If you've picked your dress, STOP googling 'wedding dresses'. If you've chosen your venue, DO NOT visit any more. There's nothing like constantly looking at alternative options to make you have second thoughts about the one you've chosen.

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 Warwickshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Drop me a message, I don’t mind helping you x
  • Sarah
    Curious May 2025 Central & Glasgow
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    My sister bought me a wedding planner book! Have a look online for one, mines has saved my life with planning the wedding and it’s such a great little keepsake
  • Stacey
    Beginner April 2024 Essex
    Stacey ·
    • Hide content
    Hi I'm getting married next April too ☺️. It can be very overwhelming. Have you chose where your getting married?? Buy a wedding planner book that helped me. I'm very organised and like planning well in advance. I have booked everything and everyone has had their deposits, my fiance has been amazing and we talked so much about ideas. My best friend and daughter have been amazing too. You got this 👍
  • M
    Beginner March 2024 East London
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content

Dear Chloe,

I understand that wedding planning can be a daunting task, especially when it comes to budgeting. While hiring a wedding planner may seem like an added expense, it can actually be a wise investment in the long run.

A skilled wedding planner can not only help you stick to your budget, but also optimize other costs to ensure your budget is not compromised. They have experience and expertise in negotiating with vendors, sourcing affordable options, and identifying areas where costs can be cut without sacrificing quality.

In addition, a wedding planner can help alleviate some of the stress and pressure of planning, allowing you to enjoy the process and focus on what truly matters: celebrating your love with friends and family.

So, while it may require some initial financial investment, hiring a wedding planner can actually save you money and hassle in the long run. I encourage you to consider this option and speak with a few wedding planners to see if it may be a good fit for you.

Best of luck with your wedding planning journey!

• J
    Savvy April 2024 West London
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I may need a planned book. Which one did you get?
  • S
    Beginner February 2024 Pakistan
    Shaadinama ·
    • Hide content

Hi Chloe, planning a wedding can be overwhelming and stressful, so it's completely understandable that you're feeling this way. It's important to remember that you don't have to do it all alone, and there are some things you can do to help make the process easier.

Firstly, take a step back and try to break down the planning process into smaller, more manageable tasks. Prioritize the most important aspects of your wedding and focus on those first. This will help you feel more in control of the planning process.

You could also consider enlisting the help of family and friends. They may be willing to assist with tasks such as creating wedding invitations or helping with the decorations. This can help to take some of the pressure off you and make the planning process more enjoyable.

Additionally, there are plenty of online resources and tools that can assist you with wedding planning. You could look into wedding planning apps or websites that offer checklists and templates to help you stay organized.

Remember, it's important to enjoy the planning process and not get too caught up in the details. This is a special time in your life, and you deserve to feel excited and happy about your upcoming wedding. So take a deep breath, and try to approach the planning process with a positive attitude. Good luck!

• C
    Savvy July 2023 Somerset
    Clare ·
    • Hide content

Hey Chloe, we decided in January to get married this year and found an amazing venue that had a cancellation this July, so have had lots to organise!! I didn't use a wedding planner, we could probably afford one (not checked how much they are, but everything wedding is expensive!) I just didn't want to spend money on things that we could spend on having more of our friends at our special day, or a better band for the evening! I used https://planning.wedding/ I just typed 'free wedding planner' into a web search (avoided Google for a good 4 or 5 years now they are so biased) just to get an idea of everything that needed doing, we are still using it for our guest list etc. Honestly there's really not that much to do. We have an extra stress as we are marrying in a beautiful big church in the middle of our town and trying to figure out parking / transport between church and very close reception. Staggering how much buses and taxis cost, for literally 1.8 miles!! I'd say, check out that link, and see if it resonates. I am sure there are lots of free wedding planners, for us it was really helpful to discuss all the items on there and how we wanted to do it all, and the timing for them all. Hope this helps xx and congratulations on getting married!! xx

• Katie
    Savvy September 2024 Middlesex
    Katie ·
    • Hide content

I ordered a Wedding Planner from Martha Brook and it is really helping us to stay on top of things.

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics