Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2022 West Sussex

Not doing Save the dates

ExpensiveRedConfetti46282, 13 of February of 2021 at 15:43 Posted on Planning 0 3
We aren’t planning to do save the dates just to save a bit of money instead just sending out invitations. We are getting married sept 2022. When would be a good time to send out the invites?

3 replies

Latest activity by Claire, 15 of February of 2021 at 02:23
  • HappyPinkHair15172
    Dedicated September 2022 Merseyside
    HappyPinkHair15172 ·
    • Hide content

Hello there, and congratulations on your engagement! Former National Trust Wedding Coordinator here!

Depending on whether or not your guests would need to book accommodation, the general rule of thumb is anywhere up to 6 months before the big day. Any longer than that and you risk people forgetting!

If your wedding is more local, 3-4 months is plenty of time.

Just remember to include the RSVP deadline date on your RSVP cards so that you're not chasing people for ages! Generally speaking, the deadline is about one calendar month before the wedding, particularly if you are giving people menu choices or you have dietry requirements etc, as your caterers will need exact details on needs and numbers, and you will get an accurate bill for catering.

Another good tip is to discretely number your RSVP's in case anyone forgets to put their name on it, that way you can cross reference it with a list of invites given out, and work out who it is!

You'll also need a good lead-in time on your RSVP's for your seating plan, too.

Hope this helps

Ali xx

• Happypinkconfetti2338
    Savvy May 2022 West Midlands
    Happypinkconfetti2338 ·
    • Hide content
    Hello,
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, I hope the planning is going well Smiley smile
    I’m not having save the dates either. I’m getting married in May 2022 and I’m thinking of sending the invites out for day guests in October. I’m hoping people will rsvp by December, so then we know our final numbers and can invite the evening guests.
    Saying that though, I am having quite a small wedding (40 day guests), and most of these are close family/friends. They already know the date of the wedding, so the invite is just a formality really. Hence why we’re not bothering with save the dates! If your wedding was larger, I would probably send them out earlier.
  • Claire
    Curious September 2022 Aberdeen & Deeside
    Claire ·
    • Hide content
    I’m the same as you! I’ll probably send mine out May/June 2022.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics