Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

sweetlikechocolate
Dedicated May 2016

Not happy with hair trial

sweetlikechocolate, 9 of December of 2015 at 22:24 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello

I had my hair and makeup trial today. I liked my makeup and my hair looked nice from the front. From the back it was awful though and not af all what I wanted. So now I don't know whether to stick with the lady I have, or try someone new. And if I stick with current lady do I pay for another trial or just hope on the day she does something I like?

11 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkCars201, 11 of December of 2015 at 13:56
  • YellowDiamond
    Beginner July 2016
    YellowDiamond ·
    • Hide content

Hi

can I ask what you said to the lady during the appointment?

What was it about the back that you didn't like? If it's something that could be altered perhaps it's worth giving her a call and explaining that you really liked the make up and front of your hair but weren't keen on the back - depending on the relationship that you've built with her so far she may be willing to do a shorter trial of changes to the back for less or maybe even nothing? I wouldn't expect it for free unless you'd raised it at the time of the first appointment.

i wouldn't necessarily look for a new person as you don't mention it being specifically her and you liked most of what she did by the sounds of it - I'd say focus on having an honest chat with her first :-)

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience. Did she show you the back during the trial or did you see it later on? If I'd seen it during the trial I would have gotten her to change it on the spot! Is she doing both the hair and makeup? Did you show her pictures of how you want the back or just describe it?

I would get some pics of exactly what you want and ring her up saying that you weren't happy and see what she has to say. She might offer you another trial free or discounted and if you're already happy with the rest it might be worth giving her another go. If you gave her pictures in the first instance and she just completely ignored you, I would be a bit more wary but would still ring her to see what she says. Remember they don't know you're unhappy unless you say so.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Ditto about talking to her and showing her photos of what you like. It's sounds like she got 2/3 things right. I would definitely have another trial and the cost is completely justifiable because you are the bride and you need to look and feel great on the day. If she still doesn't get it right 2nd time round, don't leave until it is sorted. She's a professional, she must know plenty of styles. At my trial, it wasn't hair that was the issue but fake eyelashes that I couldn't decide on. My MUA was great, she basically used different lashes, took photos and left it to me to mull over my options.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

Another one wondering what instructions you have her and whether you saw the back at the time? I agree with icing another trial though, apart from anything else you don't want to be worrying on the day that your hair isn't going to be right and you aren't going to have time for re-dos. If you haven't already, get yourself on Pinterest and find some inspiration.

Both my hairdresser and my MUA at my trials said that if there is anything I didn't like then to speak up or they would do the same thing on wedding day. We had an issue getting my veil in at the trial, as the comb is pretty big, so we agreed on wedding day that we'd need to change things slightly to get it to work.

• jayannfernandez
    jayannfernandez ·
    • Hide content

For me, it's best to let her know what you don't like about it and maybe show her a picture of what you exactly wanted and I think if you request for another trial because you're not happy, I don't thin she would still charge you. Just let her know you want to make sure that she visually understands what you want Smiley smile good luck!

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

I had sent her my pintrest board in advance which was all pictures if elegant messy buns and we went through it on the day. I could not really see the back in the salon as could only look in a mirror held up. It was only after my mum took a photo later I realised it was not at all what I had in mind. The top photo below is the one I said I liked vest and the bottom photo is what she did.

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

I can't see the detail very well but it looks like she's put it a bit higher up than the bun in the picture. I'd give her a ring and say that it wasn't what you were expecting when you saw a picture and could she have another go? If she won't do it then have a trial with another hairdresser/mua and if you prefer them and they're available on your day just cancel.

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

Do you have highlights in your hair?

• sweetlikechocolate
    Dedicated May 2016
    sweetlikechocolate ·
    • Hide content

I have low lights

• AKWedding
    Beginner August 2015
    AKWedding ·
    • Hide content

The reason I ask is that I have one block colour, and I wanted loads of romantic curls. My MUA said she could do it but it won't look like the photos in bridal mags because in order to achieve that distinctive look, my hair needs to lots of highlights in order to create the 'light and shade' of the hairstyle.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I'm getting highlights put in before I have my trial for that exact reason. It helps you see the texture of the style.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics