Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner April 2016

Not that I'm ungrateful, but...

Pooba, 5 of April of 2016 at 12:25

Posted on Planning 36

Hi everybody. I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm not particularly interested in traditions or doing things in this wedding because 'I should, because it's a wedding' For example, I'm not doing the 'something old, new. borrowed, blue' and while OH and I won't see each other beforehand, we'll...

Hi everybody. I've mentioned in previous posts that I'm not particularly interested in traditions or doing things in this wedding because 'I should, because it's a wedding'

For example, I'm not doing the 'something old, new. borrowed, blue' and while OH and I won't see each other beforehand, we'll definitely be texting/calling each other on the morning of the ceremony.

I've said all along that I really don't want to have a horse shoe or a garter - what are they for?! I don't understand.

So my Mum spends a stupid amount on a colour theme matching, personalised garter. Bless her, I love her, but whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy?

My MIL then sends on some presents yesterday for OH and I to open at our leisure. First is a key ring 'Mr & Mrs' set - very cute. Looking forward to adding them to my keys! Second is a blooming horse shoe!

Don't get me wrong, I know they're excited. And I do, truly love both my mum and MIL and the fact they've done this for us - but now I have to wear two things that I don't want to and they've spent money on these items that I didn't need.

Urgh, reading that back I sound like a b*tch, but there we go.

I'm just wondering whether this could be an interesting conversation about what you're wearing/doing to keep people happy? And/or are you buying into traditions that you don't believe in? And/or if you do believe in said traditions - why? And/or - what is the point in a garter?! Ain't any chance of me getting my legs out at the reception so OH can peel it off with his teeth, or whatever the kids are doing with it these days.

36 replies

• T
    Beginner May 2016
    Tidal Wave ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If the bridesmaid consents it's probably fine, maybe not keep just have a drink with?

p.s. really sorry to Pooba for completely derailing the thread!

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Ha ha, I'm loving it. Keeps my mind off the garter and horse shoe I'm going to be lugging around all day ?

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

PS. I won't be throwing my bridesmaid

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Just put the horseshoe near your cake pooba. Or behind your cake lol. Or...... Set a new tradition and throw the horseshoe!

Why is your boyfriend (of yesterday) disappearing up your dress headfirst to remove items of apperal with his teeth something that is acceptable to do in public and in front of your parents? Would it be at any other time? I don't think so! Maybe try it without warning and watch her throw a fit lol. No don't! Could be dangerous for her health.

Wearing it OK fine. The public removal of it I don't think so lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics