Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

I
Beginner August 2021 Oxfordshire

Notice Advice

Isobel, 6 of July of 2021 at 09:22 Posted on Planning 0 3
Hi,

So I’m giving notice with my US Fiancé on Friday and was wondering if anyone had any advice as I’m slightly nervous about it. Obviously we have the right documentation and all but I just need some reassurance from others who have had to go through it in Covid times.

3 replies

Latest activity by Emma, 6 of July of 2021 at 11:16
  • Lindsey
    Savvy October 2021 Durham
    Lindsey ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I haven't actually gave notice as yet but from what I have read they will just ask you questions about each other and maybe your parents. I don't think its anything to worry about Smiley smile x

• S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    There's nothing to worry about, we just turned up for ours with the documents. They do ask you some questions and you and your partner have to be in separate rooms, it's nothing to worry about but I'd recommend making sure you know your parents middle names ane job titles as they'll ask you that, I had no idea on the job titles 😂
  • Emma
    Rockstar August 2021 Wiltshire
    Emma ·
    • Hide content
    It’s easy and straight forward. They ask your partners full name, date of birth and job title. If your Legally allowed to marry each other as in not already married and aren’t related. They ask for address and if you’ve been in the area long enough to give notice.
    They ask both of you these questions whilst the other is out of the room. Then bring you both back in and explain what happens on the day etc. ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics