Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner November 2017

Notice meeting with registry office

CantwaittobeMrsDavies17, 5 of March of 2017 at 18:24 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi all

we have our meeting in a couple weeks with the registry office to give our notice of intention to marry. Our ceremony is non religious and in November. I was wondering if someone could tell me what to expect please and if we will need to confirm how we would like the ceremony to run i.e. If we want any reading or poem (for example) do we need to have decided that beforehand and come prepared to the meeting?

Thanks

3 replies

Latest activity by Pookie8911, 6 of March of 2017 at 14:46
  • S
    Beginner May 2017
    Slink ·
    • Hide content

When we have notice she took the requested documents then OH went outside while she asked me a load of questions and then we switched and she asked OH the same ones (questions about addresses, occupation and when the ceremony was).

We got given a pack to read through which had the options for the ceremony where we had to give details of readings and what songs we would have played. The pack also had the options for the vows where options were available. I handed that in when I paid and it was checked over very casually. I don't know if they look over in more detail or if it's filed away for the wedding.

• Chapples
    Beginner June 2017
    Chapples ·
    • Hide content

It probably depends on how far in advance you're planning, but we gave notice with just under a year to go, & this was to pay an initial £35 each, & they basically checked we were who we said we were (checked passports etc), & then checked that we knew each other, by seeing us individually & asking questions about the other.

We then got a separate leaflet in the post a few months later, giving us a copy of the vows we could choose etc, & we've made an appointment about 6 weeks before the wedding at the registry office closest to the venue (as this was a different county to where we gave notice), where we will go & pay the balance & run through vows, song choices & all the rest. So unless you're close to your wedding date & they've confirmed it'll be doing everything at once, I'd assume the first appointment will just be proof of ID etc.

• Pookie8911
    Beginner April 2017
    Pookie8911 ·
    • Hide content

Ours was similar to Chapples. We are getting married in a different council to our own, so just gave notice at our local offices and got sent info from the other soon after. We went in separately - I went in first and just answered questions about our identities, job roles, and parents' names and details ; then they got him in the confirm what I'd said pretty much.

I remember being SO worried it was going to be like something out of Green Card .... what side of the bed does he sleep on? What's his favourite song? haha - nothing like that, don't worry!! Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics