Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

Nottingham Brides

celticcurl, 31 of March of 2015 at 12:53 Posted on Planning 0 49

I thought it might be nice to link up with other brides from nottingham/nottinghamshire. We could share recommendations for suppliers, ideas for bargain places to shop etc. Any other Notts brides out there?

49 replies

Latest activity by latkins120, 21 of April of 2015 at 12:25
  • daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a Derby bride, so not too far away Smiley smile

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

Me!!!! Where are you getting married?

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

Me too!!!!

xXx

• Z
    Beginner June 2016
    Zizzi86 ·
    • Hide content

Me too!! I've been a bit of a lurker so far but now starting planning for our 18th June 2016 wedding xx

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

My ceremony is at the council house in the ballroom. My reception is in a village hall in north notts. What about everyone else?

• S
    Beginner August 2015
    Sparkle2015 ·
    • Hide content

Me!

p.s. beautiful horse Mrs K2B, is it yours?

• Z
    Beginner June 2016
    Zizzi86 ·
    • Hide content

We are having the ceremony and reception at Woodborough Hall xx

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, he is :-) We're getting married at St.Leonards church in Wollaton, and having our reception at The Walled Garden at Beeston Fields.

• MartinC Photography
    MartinC Photography ·
    • Hide content

I'm local to the Notts/Derby area so if anyone needs any suggestions on suppliers, venues etc then feel free to ask or message me if you prefer

• heli-c
    Beginner October 2015
    heli-c ·
    • Hide content

Technically I live in Derbyshire but I only have to take a 15 minute stroll down the road and I'm in Notts!!

My favourite bargain place to shop is Home Bargains! ?

Though I did grab a marvelous bargain today in Mamas & Papas! Got my little boys outfit for £25!! ?

Heli x

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

Me!!! We are getting married in Farndon Church and then the reception is in Upton which is between Newark and Southwell. If anyone needs any venue decorations we are using a lady called Lisa from To Have and To Hold (you can find it on facebook). She is really lovely and helpful. They are doing our catering as well.

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Ohh mmee Smiley smile

im getting married in cotgrave at nottinghamshire golf and country club Smiley smile

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That was on our shortlist :-)

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Aww, we didnt manage to get to look at the wall garden but ive seen the pictures and it looks lovely Smiley smile

i didnt realise how many people on here were getting married in/around notts Smiley smile

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married in Chesterfield, Derbyshire but wanted to join in this thread as I am Long Eaton born and have lived Arnold/Bestwood/Mapperley and Derby city in the past! :-)

A lot of suppliers cover all the areas.

If anyone can recommend a car company and a hair/makeup person I'd be happy to listen! We are on a budget though so I am looking at bargains!

We did look at Woodborough hall and Rufford Park looked great, but as most of our family is in Derby or Sheffield, Chezzy seemed to be the easiest location for everyone!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

I got married there October 11th last year it's an amazing venue enjoy xx

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Cake recommend would be ganach cake house Edwinstowe it was a beautiful cake and so completely reasonable prices.

hair Kim at wigmans so reasonable prices travels and a lovely girl her work is lush too. They offer makeup for 20pp and 5pp for a trial hair has gone up slightly but think she's maximum 20pp and that's the bride. so full recommendations to her.

And Charlotte at princess occasions (look her up on Facebook) she's fab cheap and so accommodating.

couldn't recommend a photographer as we had his uncle and cars.. I drove myself lol

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Also I suggest tesco occasion wear online got our dresses from there and wonderful. also for boys suits we went to the little suit shop in the lanes at meadow hall they was fab.

also anybody whose not got a dress yet check berketex bride out in Nottingham there sale room is amazing with such varied prices if you can't find a dress in there you won't. also Leicester wedding dress outlet is recommended

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    latkins120 ·
    • Hide content

Another Nottingham bride here too!!! Not long left either!!

I'm getting married more towards Lincolnshire though at Woodland Waters!

My main recommendation would be Belles Floral Boutique in Newark town centre - Absolutely stunning flowers at a really reasonable price!!

How long do we all have left?

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content

For cars we are using cloud nine classics, they have some really nice classic cars so it depends on what sort of cars you were thinking of? They're based near Ikea at Giltbrook.

• M
    Beginner August 2016
    Moonbeam88 ·
    • Hide content

We live in north Notts but are getting married at Stubton hall in Lincolnshire. We looked at the walled gardens at Beeston too, beautiful venue.

I'm considering going with a chesterfield girl for my make-up, her work looks good and she's reasonably price, look up make-up by Frankie on Facebook Smiley smile

• Mrs.K2b
    Beginner August 2015
    Mrs.K2b ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live near to Meadowhall so go there a lot, the shop on the Lanes is really good, we have looked there for bridesmaids dresses for our younger 2 maids, their prices are really good.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

They are really helpful too. Not sure if it's irrelvent to anybody but if you get page boy outfits from there, they do ask that you keep the trouser shirt set together but are flexible on jacket size so you can have a bit of a mix match as well which all three of my lads needed lol.

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

I have spoken to Wigmans and provisionally booked them for my Wedding day! At a cost of 1/3rd of those in Chesterfield I can afford to have my bridesmaid and Mum made up too. Thank you LalaC1988! :-D

D and K creative cakes are our cake makers. They have a shop packed full of items for hire too - the shop looks messy but it is because it is packed! :-)

Worth a look for competitive chair covers, post boxes, sweet trolley etc.

We have gone to a friend for our tog, but Marlin Images is a professional tog and will travel - mention it was Diane (October wedding) and you may get a good price!

We are having a church wedding then at the Sandpiper hotel for Afternoon tea and hot roast cobs in the evening. Bar price list was reasonable and disabled access is good - both critical items for our guests! They have been really helpful :-)

Wedding dresses - there is a factory outlet in Burbage Leicester that is worth a visit and does all sizes up to a size 30 (I could choose from 40 dresses in my plus size) and all under £500.

Hope this helps someone out there!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Missy I would be happy to show you some pictures of their work if you like? Your welcome :-) you might have rang whilst I was in the hairdressers this morning, she was booking one who.st I was being blow dried lol.

if your local, I recommend trying Kim for normal hair too. I used to pay 70-75 elsewhere for cut blow colour Kim is 40!! And no 'pressure' to have extras or anything :-)

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Missy I would be happy to show you some pictures of their work if you like? Your welcome :-) you might have rang whilst I was in the hairdressers this morning, she was booking one who.st I was being blow dried lol.

if your local, I recommend trying Kim for normal hair too. I used to pay 70-75 elsewhere for cut blow colour Kim is 40!! And no 'pressure' to have extras or anything :-)

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Lisa at ruddington cake company is doing mine.

or cake wakey, she does cakes, cars, chair covers.

And Martin too, he's doing the photos at our wedding Smiley laugh

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in Dudley so not local! Lol! I did tell her she was recommended on hitched - it could have got you a discount! :-)

If you have the pictures to hand that would be great - she gave me her new website etc and I have had a quick look - relieved I have found someone in my price range with a recommendation!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

We are using Belle too as her work looks lovely!

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

No problem what email would you like it sending to?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Can anyone recommend a MUA in Nottingham area?

I've been lucky in that a lot of my suppliers are friends or friends of friends.

My flowers are being done by SIL aunt. She does awesome flowers and because she often been a guest in my home she is doing the flowers as a gift. Another friend has a contact at the flower wholesalers so we're getting them at cost.

I can recommend my hairdresser. She is my regular hairdresser, she's mobile which is good for me because of my health problems. She does a lot of wedding hair. She is only charging £50 for the trial and actual day. I'm not sure if this is her usual rate but she certainly won't charge a lot more. She's nottingham based so get in touch if you want details.

My wedding car is a fabulous 1953 Ford Popular. It is so cute. I'm only having it to take me from home to the ceremony but it is only costing £50. Again a friend of a friend. He is doing a few weddings this year, all word of mouth, he is open to further bookings.

My wedding cake is four tiers - fruit, chocolate, lemon, and carrot. Plain white iced. (another friend is decorating for free). This is a friend of a friend, her cakes are supposed to be gorgeous (she's making me a chocolate sample when she gets back off holiday) £110 for four tiers is a bargain in my book.

I'm doing my own chocolate buffet, I've bought beautiful small chrome scoops which look a bit more special, vintage glass bowls, etc.

I'm waiting on quotes from two caterers. Bizarrely it turns out I went paintballing with one of them 20 years ago!

I found a brilliant local dressmaker who is making my junior bridesmaids dresses and altering my mums dress. She can make wedding gowns and is very experienced. I'm not wearing a 'wedding dress' or would have definitely gone to her.

That's my lot for now. MUA recommedations please.

• Wedding.Filmmaker.Adam
    Wedding.Filmmaker.Adam ·
    • Hide content

Hi Celticcurl, I live in Nottingham and would be happy to recommend some brilliant local suppliers. Feel free to drop me a message!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics