Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Beginner July 2015

Nottingham Brides

celticcurl, 31 of March of 2015 at 12:53

Posted on Planning 49

I thought it might be nice to link up with other brides from nottingham/nottinghamshire. We could share recommendations for suppliers, ideas for bargain places to shop etc. Any other Notts brides out there?

I thought it might be nice to link up with other brides from nottingham/nottinghamshire. We could share recommendations for suppliers, ideas for bargain places to shop etc. Any other Notts brides out there?

49 replies

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Celticcurl, ive gone with a lady called ashley turner

she is doing both my hair and makeup Smiley smile

https://www.halamsalon.com/

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Recommend jade at wigwans she's only 20 and trained with bare minerals she did mine and was awesome based near Mansfield but travels

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Recommend jade at wigwans she's only 20 and trained with bare minerals she did mine and was awesome based near Mansfield but travels

• M
    Beginner October 2015
    misslynx ·
    • Hide content

My maid addy is if you can send examples that would be great Lala :-)

added like that so spam bits don't pick it up!

• Z
    Beginner June 2016
    Zizzi86 ·
    • Hide content

Another local recommendation...We've used Eaton Stationery for our save the dates and will use them for invitations ( I'm not creative enough to make my own!) they're locally based but we've done everything over the net. They're very helpful & friendly!

• bubblerawk
    Beginner July 2016
    bubblerawk ·
    • Hide content

Zizzi86, what where the prices like for eaton stationary

• Z
    Beginner June 2016
    Zizzi86 ·
    • Hide content

Ours were £2 for save the date + envelope and £3 for flat invitation with belly band and information card + envelope. We went for the Zara range , they are very good quality.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

misslynx I have sent those photos to you if you want to remove your email chick

• Cupcake26
    Beginner August 2015
    Cupcake26 ·
    • Hide content

How is everyone getting on with stuff?

xXx

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We married in the Council House Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Hi wickywack - which room did you get married in? We're getting married in the ballroom.

With less than 14 weeks to go we've changed our reception venue - nothing wrong with the original - but are now having the reception at the same venue as the reception. Changed for personal reasons but this should work better for us although means all the DIY rustic items i'd planned for the village hall we were having are now totally unsuitable for a room based on the palace of versaille!!!

Keeping it simple though and have fantastic suppliers / helpers so it should all work out ok.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Ok time for me to sound dim, is that the one with the lions outside on the market place?

i saw a wedding once there with like a vintage bus and it was beautiful :-)

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

Yes that's the one.

• L
    Beginner October 2014
    LalaC1988 ·
    • Hide content

Aww womderful hope its its a lovely warm day for you

• WickyWack
    Beginner July 2013
    WickyWack ·
    • Hide content

We were in The Lord Mayors Parlour. It was a really beautiful room.

Do you mean your having your reception at the Council House?

• C
    Beginner July 2015
    celticcurl ·
    • Hide content

The Lord Mayors Parlour is beautiful.

We're having our ceremony and reception in the ballroom. We're having our drinks reception in the dining room and first floor landing whilst they turn the room around. The staff are being extremely helpful and our caterers have done lots of functions there and are also being extra helpful e.g. we're dropping off all the stuff for our chocolate buffet a few days before and they are setting it up for us.

• daisymoo86
    Beginner July 2016
    daisymoo86 ·
    • Hide content

Im getting married in Chesterfield, live in derby, using several Nottinghamshire suppliers.

Table and chair covers (upto 100), candy cart, post box, topiary trees, photo booth, popcorn machine, table centre pieces and favours are all coming from one company who do great deals on their facebook page... Bliss Chair Covers. I got all of that for the bargain price of £400.

Worth adding them if you are still looking as they frequently have different offers on.

• L
    Beginner May 2015
    latkins120 ·
    • Hide content

We are using bliss chair covers as well - I get married in just under 6 weeks! I will let you know if they are any good and flash some photos! I have the exact same package as you ... we went for the candyfloss machine though, couldn't trust people not to through the popcorn around lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics